Density??!!! Help!

Hey Everyone,

I am in the process of finalizing what I want in regards to FUT vs. FUE. I basically am a Norwood 3 with hairline issues. I have been to a good amount of consultations with recommended doctors on this forum. I want my hairline recreated and like all of us to be somewhat "dense". With that said, by recreating my hairline I would have FU's planted on bald skin (i.e. some of my hairline) and up in the frontal zone where there is already some hair. So I wanted to know what the average density was for such a procedure? I was told I would need 1,700 grafts from some doctors and about 2,500 from another doctor. With the 1,700 doctors, I was told I would probably have to come back in for another procedure to increase density...however with the other 2,500 doctor he claimed I would only need 1 procedure and the density would be great and there was no need to have to have 2 procedures when this can be accomplished in 1 procedure (I guess he said he could dense pack the grafts).

So again to reiterate my question...is it normal to go in for say 2 procedures to sure up the hairline with density or like the other doctor is saying in that you can achieve the desired density in 1 larger densely packed session?! And also what is the FU/Sq. Cm everyone gets at the hairline/frontal zone?

P.S. Don't question if the doctor is a good one bc they are all HIGHLY recommended on this site so please do not use that as a basis for discussion. Thanks!!!

Every doctor has a different approach but in general, they fall into the categories of the aggressive and conservative docs. The aggressive guys want to get you done with acceptable density in as few procedures as possible and the others want to hit the area again for density. Personally, as long as you are not packing too dense, get it all done at once. Why go through this twice for a relatively small area. I would say if you don't look to have potential for advanced balding, then a hairline planted at approxuately 65 g per sq Inc and 60 behind that tapering to 55 will give you great density. Of course, it depends on your hair shaft diameter but with medium thickness, the numbers above should make you happy.

Good luck

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452