Other Cosmetic Forums worth visiting?

Just wondering if anybody has any other cosmetic communities that they could share with me?

I am currently looking into having surgery on my eye lid, need to be consulted first as it may not be, but I believe i am suffering from 'Ptosis' on the left eye (did not have it in any of my infancy years, only noticable in photographs of the past 5 years / also my dadseems to have the same thing, meaning it is most likely genetically acquired?)

as well as this, i hate the fuck out of my nose and wouldnt mind having that sorted some time down the road.

I know i probably sound like a freak who is going to end up looking like Michael Jackson, but I seriously am not jumping to rash conclusions here, and was dealt some unfortunate cards in the turnover of puberty. Considering this year my research time and hopefully I can decide what is best to do. :)

Hello Rich, the two main plastic surgery sites on the net are:

Look Your Best

Make Me Heal

By the sounds of it, you're looking for something called blepharoplasty. This can be performed by a plastic or oculoplastic surgeon, it is pretty common and is usually a pretty simple procedure. The ptotic eyelid may complicate things slightly but should be not something that will be beyond their expertise.

rich, as an alternative to surgery (blepharoplasty), and depending on what exactly is happening with your eyelid, you may want to investigate getting an upper eyelid filler. If appropriate for your condition, its is a much less drastic (and in my opinion, effective)procedure. In the US, on the west coast, Dr. Gal Aharanov has an excellent description and photos of using fillers as an alternative to bleph. www.draharonov.com. On the East coast, in NY, Dr. Yang has been doing this practice even longer, but his website is not as informative. http://georgeyangmd.com/

Both doctors would be a good consult for you.

• 2 months later...

I don't think there are any good cosmetic forums. I wish there were. The sites listed above are as good as they get, but all to often they become a bashing ground. Plus, unlike hair, its difficult to get patients to allow their pictures to be posted on the internet!!!

As to eyelids, as a veteran of doing over 2500 sets of upper lids, I can tell you that I have never put fillers into an upper eyelid. If you are interested in that, my advice is to get fully informed on all your options before you proceed.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians