14 months and hair curls

Jordan

This is my 14th month after having 3,000 grafts, mostly along the front. The grafts took but are growing in an annoying curling pattern. It's impossible to get the bangs to lie flat on my forehead; the hair keeps curling inwards. I think it's less curly and unnatural than it was 6 months ago but I thought that by now the hairs would have straightened out. Will it still take some time or did the surgeon angle the hairs wrong?

Its a hard question to answer mate if you're talking about the hair growing in crinkled then yes it will straighten out and soften up but if curly haired follicles were transplanted then they will curl like they did before when they were growing in your donor and also if they were transplanted at a funny angle they will grow at a funny angle so it's hard for anyone to say even if you added pictures it wouldn't help.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• 2 months later...

Jordan,

I'm having the same problem with my left temple.

Basically, the hair in the left temple won't lay flat. Instead, it just kind of sticks up straight. I must say that it has improved since 6-8 months post-op (I'm now 12 months post-op), but it's still not normal yet. My doctor thinks it's due to immaturity as well.

My theory as of now is that due to the immaturity of the actual hairs (they're more brittle and curtly than the rest), coupled with the lesser density of the transplanted hair, that is what causes it to stick up straight.

I figure once the hair grows in from my second procedure, it will weigh down the rest so that it will finally lay normally. I assume that gravity needs a chance to work.

As of now, if I don't put product in it, it sticks up straight and looks funny. However, this is only on the left side, the right side lays perfectly natural. Perhaps it's relevant to mention that I had a lower yield on the left side than the right...

Anyway, I'm waiting it out for now. Like I said, it has been improving over the past couple months. I'm hoping that it's just a matter of time.

By the way, who is your doctor?

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

The beauty of the hair curling tong is that it does not need to run a professional hairdresser. Any woman can learn to use a curling iron, but may take some time to master. But once you get good at using a curling iron, you can create a number of looks fabulous for every day and also go out.