Dermatix silicon gel | Scar reduction

Hi all,

I recently bought some Dermatix silicon gel as recommended by my GP to help with the donor scar. The scar was extremely lumpy in some places and was like canyons and at almost 6 months post OP it was still pink and detectable.

Been using this gel for a week now and although I was told it would take months to show results, it definitely has evened out the lumpiness some what and reduced the pinkness quite a lot.

By far not a cheap product (about AUD$60 for a small tube) but seems like it works. Has anyone else tried this before?

Cheers.

I tried Dermatix for a scarring problem but it wasnt for a HT scar. My scars were 'high end' hypertrophic ( raised , pink and stretched) and it didnt work for me. I was told by surgeons that the only proven silicon treatment for scars is silicon sheeting but that would be impossible to use within the hair. Your scar isnt mature yet and it can take 18 months for a scar to mature and it can continue fading for longer. I had to have kenelog injections and eventually had to have kenelog mixed with 5FU but my scarring was unusual.

I'm pleased to hear the silicon gel has given you some improvement with your scar and I think it will go on improving over the months ahead.

Thats happened by coincidence amigo those products do work over time though i've done tests with nearly every one as i get cut a lot boxing. They work by keeping moisture in the skin over long periods of time.

I once put my hand in the grill when i was drunk trying to make some chicken escalopes lol anyway i had 2 burns on my hand from the 2 grill bars so i decided to treat one with bio oil and one with dermatix the bio oil one healed much faster and was way cheaper it took about 8 month to flatten and change back colour.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Many Docs believe moist healing is the best way to heal a wound. There are plasters and dressings, I think they are called 'hydrocolloid' dressings which keep the wound moist while it heals and can reduce any subsequent scarring. Dont know if these should be applied where there are sutures. Dermatix and Bio oil shoud only be applied once the wound has healed according to the instructions. I think the majority of HT scars heal well just left to heal naturally. My scars became hypertrophic because of excessive tension on the scar, they healed well but started to stretch and distort months after the surgery.

All the best with it Vincent but if it starts to irritate stop immediately as it means it still has open cracks.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk