realistically between 6 and 9 months.........

i keep reading that between 6months - 9/12months you will see a big difference, but i don't see how. logically i see hair that has grown in and no new hair appears to be growing (@ 6 1/2 months), and the other hair is a couple of inches long. to me it looks like all that will grow has long since been growing. i understand it is common to say the hair will thicken, but i dont see how the hair is going to do anything drastic tbh. ive seen the timeline that at 6months you see 50-60% of the final result but unless the hair thickens in an odd way i dont see how this can be true.

in a lot of ppls 6month and 9month pics i dont see any big difference, and i see the same couple of examples being used as 'posterboys' for this big difference. what can you realistically expect between 6 and 9 months? currently i'm not happy with the density, you can see the difference between the transplanted temple area and normal hair area's, is this difference likely to resolve?

thanks

First off, everyone is different. Some people don't have 50% growth at six months. I certainly didn't.

Be careful about photos, they can be deceptive. It may look like there isn't a big difference between six and 9 months, but the changes can be dramatic if you see them in person.

The hair you see on your head right now needs to mature. The characteristics of the individual hairs are much more important than the quantity of them. Once they mature and achieve their true characteristics, you will look much different.

In my case,the difference between six months and one year was night and day.

Hope this helps.

difference between six months and one year was night and day.

Very common, that is why it is a good idea to take photos at least every month.

It is almost a weekly occurance that someone calls me and says...you were right I am a year out from my procedure and I can definitely see a difference, sorry to have questioned things at 6 months...

But, I understand. Waiting is NOT fun!!!

Jessica

HT Coordinator

Limmer HTC

Dr. Brad Limmer is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I'm in the same boat as you are. Tomorrow I will be at the 29 week mark and can't say that I've had the result I was expecting thus far. It's also hard for me to believe that there will be more hairs sprouting at this point since I had lots of pimple action the first couple of months but none since then.I guess time will tell. I'm really trying hard to reserve judgement until the one year mark.

The biggest issue for me is that the right side is obviously very thin compared to the left side. Last week I went for my 6mo follow up and when I asked my doctor, his reply was, "let me put it this way, this is not the density that it was transplanted at." Then he reminded me that the hair quality will continue to improve but was a little vague regarding wheater or not I should expect more hairs to grow. He also told me that I was wearing my hair very short on top and that growing it out would belp it look better because it would layer over itself. This was a little surprising to me since I was assured before my HT that I would be able to wear any hair style I liked as long as the scar was concealed. I've been keeping it short because the density is so low that it doesn't match the hair behind it very well when it gets longer and the transplanted hairs grow slower and therefore it looks odd when it gets too long..

That being said, I have received lots or positive feedback from members here who have told me they had a similar experience and that they saw dramatic changes as late as nine months.

I know it's not very comforting at this point but hang in there bro and wait for that 12 month mark before evaluaing your results.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Realistically the growth curve seems to vary from individual to individual.

Luckily not all grafts emerge within 30 or 60 days after the 3 month dormancy otherwise one would have a massive shed every three or so years afterward.

keep the faith and keep evaluating with photos. sometimes grafts are too thin and light to confidently detect with the naked eye

I am also in this, i am about 7 an half months and i am also not happy and havent seen any diffrence from 6 months. i cant see any new hairs growing and my left side looks very thin, i am happy with the right side but not the left, i am also very doubtfull that anything will happen from now and feel that the results i have are final but hopefully i am wrong

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Remember guys, its like watching the grass grow. You cannot see the slight changes many times. In addtion, you may experience well past one year. Sit back relax and enjoy the ride. Worrying about it and looking everyday just makes it far worse.. I certainly remember those feelings icon_eek.gif

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

This may sound impossible, and probably is, but here's what you need to do: stop scrutinizing your ht everyday. by 10-11 months post op (ideally 12) take a picture and compare it to your pre-op pics (hopefully you took some). try and get the exact same angle and lighting. you will then either conclude your ht's success or failure.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 3 weeks later...

all i can say is there is no improvment for me from 5 months to 8 i have had no growth in those periods, my left side is still very thin and i have very noticable peplestone scaring

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

To TTP and Balboa. I too had the same issues with my ht expectations, especially with the hair density growing thicker and fuller on one side. I was also told by my doctor and several members on this board to give it time and it would even out. However, when I went for my 10 month check-up it became quite clear that the thin side of my head was never going to fill in, and I also was never really given a clear reason why. Thus my Dr. recommended that I get a touch-up procedure to fill in the sparse growth on the thin side. So, 11 months after my 1st procedure I got a touch-up in June. Things have gone well as I opted for a smaller strip session. My donar area has already healed quite well and not much shock loss either. Cosequently, I hope things work out for you guys, but I was told from the beginning that some people are happy with one pass but generally it will take more than one session to reach your goals. I had already committed myself with the first session, I liked my Dr., and he is highly recommended on this board. Only time will tell.