Update on my nervousness

fratboy91

so i realized the reason so much of my crown was showing in my pics was because my hair was parted a weird way on the top that day and wasnt evenly distributed on the back of my head so its not AS bad as i thought. however, it is deffinitely thinning i think. i am going to see my dermo today and am going to get a prescription for proscar, will be starting rogaine tomorrow, and that shampoo. i am going to stop this dead in its tracks and i have plenty of room to work with because i still have plenty of hair and its still growing. however, i am noticing when i run my hands through my hair this morning a few times while doing it in the morning i probably had 4-7 hairs on my hands each time but i also havent had a chance ot wash my hair in 3 days so i guess that could be why. there arent really hairs on my pillow or on my t shirts and stuff so could someone shed some light on whats normal loss and whats ot? thank you.

Way to be proactive. On the nizoral, you may have a hard time finding it right now as they seem to be having a production shortage. You can get some off eBay, it's just gonna cost a little more.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

fratboy,

I want to encourage you to be careful about starting so many things at the same time. Starting multiple hairloss products at the same time can initiate a temporary shed. Our hair follicles can be sent into the resting phase when new meds or other active ingredients are introduced to them. It's better to start something like finasteride which you are doing with Proscar and wait. If you do not shed, start your Nizoral or minoxidil next, and wait again.

The more topicals and systemic meds that we ingest for our hairloss "at the same time", the higher potential risk for temporary shockloss.

Just a thought.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY