Looking at hair transplants on youtube and..

I came across Dr. sam Lam's results post op and I asked what blade he uses, he responded..

i use all types of blades depending on what i am trying to achieve. anything from needles of 21G, 20G, 19G, 18G, 16G for smaller to larger grafts, respectively. for multiple follicular unit grafts, i can us 1 mm, 1.2 mm round punches, sometimes 1.5 mm rounds punches.

I know about the 1 mm, 1.2 mm punches which are plugs correct? But I didnt know what the "G" meant. Any ideas?

"G" stands for "gauge". Dr. Lam did not understand your question. When you were asking what size blades he uses you were assuming he uses custom cut flat blades as used for the lateral slit technique.

His response shows that he uses needles. When talking about needle sizes the higher the number the smaller the needle. He said he uses some needles as large as 16G which is HUGE. In millimeters that is 1.651mm. in diameter.

As far as the 1mm and 1.2mm punches, those are not necessarily "plugs". In fact I don't think there is a real definition for what qualifies as a plug but generally "plugs" refers to the old punches of 4mm and 5mm from the old days. Regardless, if he is using any sort of punch up to 1.5mm then it would be considered quite large by today's standards.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians