better way to reduce scar - trychophytic closure or fue onto scar?

which is a better way to reduce the scar appearance?

having a trychophytic closure, or doing a normal closure then doing fue on the scar?

i read that trychophytic closure kills a lot of follicles

so if you do it and then the scar stretches anyways you killed the follicles for nothing

so is it better to do a normal closure then later do fue on it? then at lesat you dont kill any follicles?

Edited by hairgirl08

I think trichopytic is the norm for most doctors now. I think there is also something called " double trichophytic " that is even more impressive! When a doctor does FUE into the donor scar, my opinion, is it's the only procedure being done. By that I mean that's all the patient went in for, was to make the donor scar look better. So instead of trycophytic closure, the doctor will just FUE into the scar. Again, that is my opinion and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

is it better to do a normal closure and then do a fue later if you want as many follicles as possible to live?

even if you have to do another procedure later?

if you do a trichophytic closure you kill like 2 rows of follicles across the entire strip right?

i dont know how many hairs that is, but a few hundred?

well the length of the strip of follicles you kill from trichophytic is as long as the strip

so if you get 1 cm removed, and you need to kill 2 rows of follicles which is like 1-2mm then that's like 10-20% of the donor hairs killed so you are possibly wasting donor hair? maybe 2 row of follicles is 1 mm? so you're killing 10% of the amount of hairs as the donor strip, and all those hairs might not even grow since in the trichophytic closure the hair has to grow through the scar, and sometimes it doesnt happen since the follicles have been transected?

and if there is still a scar, then you killed them for nothing?

if you just do a regular closure, then you dont kill follicles

then later you can fill in the scar, and you dont need as many follicles to conceal the scar as the number of follicles you kill through trichophytic closure right?

i have no idea

Edited by hairgirl08

is it better to do a normal closure and then do a fue later if you want as many follicles to live?

even if you have to do another procedure later?

if you do a trichophytic closure you kill like 2 rows of follicles across the entire strip right?

i dont know how many hairs that is, but a few hundred?

well the length of the strip of follicles you kill from trichophytic is as long as the strip

so if you get 1 cm removed, and you need to kill 2 rows of follicles which is like 1-2mm then that's like 10-20% of the donor hairs killed so you are possibly wasting donor hair?

and if there is still a scar, then you killed them for nothing?

if you just do a regular closure, then you dont kill follicles

then later you can fill in the scar, and you dont need as many follicles to conceal the scar as the number of follicles you kill through trichophytic closure right?

i have no idea

Not sure, that a little over my head! Maybe we can get a doctor to help us out.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website