Getting a procedure done with Dr. Siporin

mochi

Hi all, I will be getting a procedure done by Dr. Siporin over is Los Angeles this week. 1500 grafts to my frontal area, purpose is to maintain my current hairline and add density.

I met with the doctor and a few others in the area and I liked them all. I really enjoyed Dr. Siporin's attitude and patience in explaining my options to me. I thought that since he is recommended on this forum and based on his previous results I should be in good hands. I think the most important thing is that I felt comfortable with the doctor. I really feel that he is looking out for his patient's best interest.

I will create a weblog to document the growth and process. Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to my questions. Special thanks to HK500 who spoke with me on the phone and gave the doctor a glowing review.

Hi all, I will be getting a procedure done by Dr. Siporin over is Los Angeles this week. 1500 grafts to my frontal area, purpose is to maintain my current hairline and add density.

I met with the doctor and a few others in the area and I liked them all. I really enjoyed Dr. Siporin's attitude and patience in explaining my options to me. I thought that since he is recommended on this forum and based on his previous results I should be in good hands. I think the most important thing is that I felt comfortable with the doctor. I really feel that he is looking out for his patient's best interest.

I will create a weblog to document the growth and process. Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to my questions. Special thanks to HK500 who spoke with me on the phone and gave the doctor a glowing review.

mochi,

I have full faith in Dr. Siporin's ability and his ultra refined results. he has a number of satisfied patients on this board and very soon, we will be considering him for the Coalition.

I'm pleased to hear that you will be sharing your journey and photos with us by creating a weblog.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Bill,

I really did enjoy my experience with Dr. Siporin. I think he was very responsive to my questions and my goals. He did provide a few suggestions on what he would do, and I ended up meeting him somewhere in the middle.

Before the procedure began, I also had an opportunity to meet a previous patient who was also getting a procedure done that day. I have to admit I was pretty amazed by his results and that really put me at ease going into the procedure.

What I will say is that, NO WAY IS THE PROCEDURE PAIN FREE. The strip removal did not hurt at all, there was sufficient lidocaine applied. However, when they put the grafts in... my god, I think my scalp suddenly became resistant to lidocaine... I literally had to have an injection every 10 minutes cause it wore off so fast! However, I think that will probably differ from person to person.

Day one Post-op, I feel great actually. The donor area is numb as expected, but i'm not in any pain. The top of my scalp feels a bit numb/tight, but I am not in any discomfort. I don't plan to take anymore pain medication, but maybe the sleeping pills... because they are awesome.

I will hopefully be able to post some pre-op and day one post op pictures later this week!.