Late graft shed - Impact on growth timelines

Hi...

I had my HT procedure over 6 months back. The implanted grafts which usually shed in the first month for most people remained firm till the end of second month in my case. I guess part of the reason was my being too gentle with them

I recently came across some chart which plots general average hair growth rates post a HT. For a 6 month period, the rate was around 50-60%. Now, the question I have is, the grafts shed late, does it also mean the growth rates will be proportional? In short, do I just consider my growth calculation from the second month as opposed to the first month..? :confused:

Thanks for your expert comments...

If the reason really was that you were being too gentle, then that wouldn't have influence the separation of the external hair from the actual graft, it would already be in telogen phase irrespective of whether the hair is hanging on or not.

Regarding what to use as a guideline, 5 or 6 months, I don't think you can use general guidelines, it will all depend on how long your hairs, on average, stay in the telogen phase.

I actually just made a post several days ago about this exact issue. I had 2100 grafts placed to my hairline region on March 22. Most of my grafts grew for a full month and then felll out within a week of each other, however I had between 5-10% that haven't yet fallen out or grown any at 3 1/2 months. This concerns me greatly, I have a feeling these were mishandled follicles that died or failed to take if there is such a thing.

Edited by KGP11