Hello everyone...new here.

I've been reading posts on here for hours day after day. This website is a true blessing. It helped confirm my initial findings on some of the top doctors in the Chicago area. I know you aren't supposed to go by proximity to where you live.....but, I figure I live in one of the larger cities in the United States, there has to be some good ones, right?

I scheduled three consultations, and went to two them and already decided. I know I probably should have gone to all three but I am a firm believer in "gut" response, but of course that is not solely what I went on.

I have decided to go with Dr. Keller, who is a recommended doctor on this site. Although I know Dr. Konior seems to be the most talked about, and I am sure he is at the top of his field, I also believe that there can be just as good, "less-known" doctors out there - not to insinuate that Dr. Keller is not known. But there seems to be a lack of posts by his patients on here and many outcries for some.

Well, this site helped me, and I believe in helping for the greater good of all. So, I will try my best to tell my story, update, and give an actual patient account of my experience with Dr. Keller.

I will write more at another time, just about my initial phone conversations, emails, and consultation with Dr. Keller and his office. So far, great experience.

Very nervous, excited, scared, hopeful. I've been wanting this for 15 years!

Stay tuned......

Edited by southbeacharchi
more specific, informative title

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

Good luck with your HT and I agree with your comments about this site! I just signed up today after reading through this site for a number of weeks. Am mulling through a number of online consultations and costs I've received from many of the coalition members on here. I intend to now ask members of their experiences first hand before having my surgery towards the end of this year. As a UK based person there is only Farjo clinic that comes particularly highly recommended on here (I am awaiting their response as they are busy!) so I have mainly looked overseas judging by recommendations I have read.

Hey,

Good luck to you as well. Isn't it fairly inexpensive to fly to U.S. from Europe these days? From what I've read, there are great doctors all over the world, and as I'm sure you've also read, they say that cost for travel should not be a factor in deciding on a doctor.

And some doctors will help pay for some of your travel. I think Dr. Shapiro, who is listed on here, in WI, maybe does that? You would have to look into it. But, I bet he would have about the same wait time.

But...I know very little compared to most on here.

Best of luck.

My Hair Loss Web Site

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

Btw, keep reading more threads. I am pretty sure that I have read of several people from the U.S. going to Europe for HT because of doctor's they researched and found that they felt were excellent.

Edited by southbeacharchi
mistype

My Hair Loss Web Site

southbeacharchi,

Welcome and congratulations on your decision! Dr. Keller regularly delivers excellent results. I hope you'll keep us posted on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thank-you. Yes, everything I've seen from him has been great. Then I got a call from a former patient of his that verified everything I already thought and actually made me really excited.

Thanks for the Welcome!

My Hair Loss Web Site

Hey,

Good luck to you as well. Isn't it fairly inexpensive to fly to U.S. from Europe these days? From what I've read, there are great doctors all over the world, and as I'm sure you've also read, they say that cost for travel should not be a factor in deciding on a doctor.

And some doctors will help pay for some of your travel. I think Dr. Shapiro, who is listed on here, in WI, maybe does that? You would have to look into it. But, I bet he would have about the same wait time.

But...I know very little compared to most on here.

Best of luck.

Thanks. Am waiting on SMG's response to my online consult and H&W also offer some travel.reimbursement for overseas patients. Will keep reading up amd askong questions. I have a date in dec in mind for surgery. Cheers