The secret to a thick hairline...... (Pictures included)

For the last month I have been experimenting with nanofibres on the hairline. I have heard from people on various forums that nanofibres generally don't work too well on the hairline. I thought I would give my views on this subject.

After a bit of research I decided to go with Nanogen fibres. They generally seemed to receive a lot of praise from other users of nanofibres. They also are reasonably priced at around ?19. The next decision to make was colour. I opted for Auburn which is basically medium brown with a touch or red. For me this seems to be a pretty good colour match (although I recently added highlights to my hair which has made it a little lighter).

Applying Nanogen fibres straight out the box is almost impossible on the hairline. The tube of fibres is similar to a pepper shaker which does not lend itself to be used on the hairline. If you would like to use it for this purpose it will need some modification. Firstly you will need to purchase a Toppik Spray Applicator which retail at about ?15. The applicator is not designed to fit on the Nanogen tube so you will need to use some tape to sure it as seen in my photo. The spray nozzle makes applying the fibres a lot easier and will make your fibres go a lot further. There is a plastic window in the side of the tube so you an see how approximately how many applications you have left. According to the website a 30g container will last 60 days. This depends alot on how much you use. Even though I use the fibres nearly every day I expect them to last 4-5 months as I only use a small amount each time.

OK, so here are my tips for application of the Nanogen fibres. My routine is to style my hair as normal and wait for it to dry before applying the fibres. Try to spray the fibers up in to the hair rather than down towards the scalp. This takes a bit of practice and can be tricky at first. Fibres only work to thicken the hair you already have by clinging to it. So don't spray the fibres where you have no hair because it will just leave a dirty smudge on your scalp. I have not tried the Nanogen locking mist but I would suggest using hairspray. I think the fibres find it easier to cling to the hair when using hairspray.

In conclusion I think nanofibres are a really great way to thicken your hairline. I hope this review is useful and helpful to at least one other person on this forum. It would be great to know your views and thoughts on my photos.

Brogain

1.jpg.d622aa80ad137e0b1c7876f836e07bd8.jpg

2.jpg.6f96ca911225e2efeb98c0f659ed9864.jpg

P1030931.jpg.e7cd087e7c0fb499f86d3bb055ab7967.jpg

brogain,

Excellent post! Thank you for sharing your technique. I'm sure many members will benefit from this.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

The Toppik applicator is the nuts!

It makes applying the fibres as easy as 1-2-3

If your using fibres already you should defiantly pick one up as I'm sure it will pay for itself in the longrun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have recently added Minoxidil to my regimen. I have only been applying it to my hairline as this is the only area where I am currently affected by hairless.

I am currently shedding 10-20 hairs a day which are mostly coming out on my comb when styling my hair. They seem to be shorter thinner hairs and not the thicker, longer and more dense hairs. However. This is having a nock on affect on applying the nano fibres. My aim is to not have to use any fibres nice my hair thickens up with the added minoxidil. :D you have got to wish right guys?

4 weeks in I'm disappointed to have lost more hair from my hairline than I previously had but excited by the though of potential regrowth in the coming weeks and months. I will be sure to keep everyone updated with picture of my progress.

What I would say is I am glad I experimented with concealers before starting minoxidil which will certaintly make your hair thinner before it will get thicker. They are a lifesaver!

You don't want to be combing too much after adding the fibres as they will come loose eventually. When styling in the morning after a shower I apply Rogaine foam and allow this to dry for 5 minutes. Then I style my hair with fibre putty and allow to dry for 20 minutes while I get changed and have brekkie. Right before I leave for work I apply a small amount of fibres and spray with hairspray to style and comb once again. I will sometimes add another small application of fibres as they seem to stick even better the second time after hairspray has been added.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I like dermatch with the applicator. With a bit of artistic touch, you can fade the hariline and add less or more based on your needs

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!