Daily shampoo?sls bad?

what is a good everyday shampoo . It has been 6 months from my HT I am still shedding; seemed to have stopped but started again...

What is a good daily shampoo I was using head n shoulders felt good for a few weeks then I read can cause hair loss (and i am shedding)...

sls good or no thx much

maxxmill17,

By SLS, I believe you are referring to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.

This site seems to suggest what you are talking about:

Shampoo Causes Hair Loss -- The Effects of Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS).

Obviously, since it's on the internet, it must be true. ;)

Personally, I use this SLS free shampoo. It doesn't exactly foam up as well as SLS shampoos, but it has a nice all natural ingredient list.

Sodium Lauryl and Laureth Sulfate - whilst I wouldn't state unequivocally that it is bad for hair, it can be an irritant to the skin - in this case your scalp. There's also ongoing research as to whether they are also potential carcinogens.

There are also other ingredients like parabens, disodium EDTA, and sodium hydroxide that are commonly found in shampoos, conditioners and skin products. All of which can cause issues in some people.

I'm not suggesting that you go out of your way to avoid them if you're not experiencing any ill effects. I, however, have made the decision to look for gentle hair care and skin products as I also suffer from psoriasis. Up to you entirely.

There plenty of options if you're prepared to go out of your way. In the UK, for example, there is a brand called Dr Organics that avoid any harsh chemicals including parabens and SLS.

Edited by SkinUpPinUp

You should be able to find several shampoos at WholeFoods that are SLS and paraben free. Look for brands such as Aubrey Organics, Avalon Organics, Jason, and Burt's Bees.

Wallgreens may carry some as well, particularly Burt's Bees (as I have seen their products in the larger pharmacy chains).