Rogaine/Finasteride and shedding??

NEWHAIRPLEASE

I've been taking the big 3 for 5 months now, rogaine, finasteride, and nizoral. Up until the last week I've never noticed the so called shed. I really don't know what even classifies a shed? But what I have noticed the last week is that when I apply the rogaine foam I'm noticing some hairs in my hand after I rub it in. Is this considered shedding? And after 5 months is this normal? It's not a lot, but it is definitely some hairs on my fingers when I'm done applying the rogaine foam.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

It's normal to see a few hairs on your hands when shampooing or using hair products like gel, so the same would happen when rubbing Rogaine into your hair. I'm surprised you didn't see any from the start.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I had a good shed from propecia for a good 4 months i believe. I would put my head over some paper and would go back and forth with my hands through my hair and a good 20-45 hairs would fall. it was crazy and very depressing. almost made me wanna quit. I too am surprised you havent noticed a shed till now. Just stick with it, thats the best advice you can get.

A drug-induced shed can vary in the actual amount of hairs being lost. A few on your hands after applying Minox doesn't sound like much, but it could be the extent of your shed. Sorry to be vague but experiences vary so much. It doesn't sound like something to worry about, though.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com