Ok- I think I am ready to do this!

I dont think the alarm bells should be raised here. 2000 may be very appropriate in this case. 40 Grafts/Sq cm may give a perfectly acceptable density for him. In his case, he has a very thick hair shaft diameter and allot of 3-4 hairs per graft so in his case, planting 40 may be like planting 50-55 inguy who may have a thinner hair caliber and less 3-4s to add density.

Its about the number of hairs and not the number of grafts.

Thanks guys. I have to admit all the comments really have been freaking me out. I appreciate the honesty though. I have an email in to my dr and have included a link to this thread. I will let ya all know what they say.

• 3 weeks later...
I dont think the alarm bells should be raised here. 2000 may be very appropriate in this case. 40 Grafts/Sq cm may give a perfectly acceptable density for him. In his case, he has a very thick hair shaft diameter and allot of 3-4 hairs per graft so in his case, planting 40 may be like planting 50-55 inguy who may have a thinner hair caliber and less 3-4s to add density.

Its about the number of hairs and not the number of grafts.

I think this was the best post in the thread ;).

Grease in my opinion if you chose your doctor and you are sure of him the best thing is to trust him regarding graft estimates. He is the only one that has seen your donor and your hair from up close. If you have very thick hair caliber you are blessed because its true that graft survival goes down as you plant more. Your 40-45 grafts psc might look more dense than someone who has 70 psc and your chances of better graft survival is far better than others who have to plant more cause they have thinner hair

No worries. I took a lot of time and care choosing my doc. I have no doubts about Dr. Cooley. He is a class act. He called me after seeing this thread and we talked about all of your concerns. I think the pictures that I posted here are pretty bad. I am going to have another in person consult with Cooley before the procedure and am prepared to do more grafts if we need to. I will let ya all know how it turns out.