Colorado - Experience with Dr James Harris

I am posting this as when I was doing research for HT in Colorado, I saw very little info for Colorado.

I had spent about 9 months researching on the web and visiting the local HT doc's in Colorado. Little frustrating to say the least. I visited the chains, HC, Bosley and every other place I could find.

After a lot of background work I asked all of them for references from past clients, obviously the proof is in the results. I got the run around from the chains, which said, most people don't want to talk about it as it is personal, which I understand to some point. When I asked for this from Dr. James Harris's office, they gave me a long list of past patients. So I began calling them. Out of all of them, everyone had the highest compliments. I even had the opportunity to meet with about 6 of them in person. I was truly amazed at the results, some of them had the same issues (balding pattern) I had.

So after bugging Dr Harris's staff with questions for several months, I decided he was the one. I scheduled the appt for surgery. Which I had yesterday (June 10, 2011). Obviously at this point I haven't seen the results, but can tell you he and his staff were phenomenal. I was treated extremely well from the moment I arrived. Everyone very professional and caring.

He ended up doing 2389 grafts, so it was a long day. Which other than getting bored on my part, was comfortable.

So the night after the surgery, the donor area was a little sore, but a lot less than I expected. Oddly enough Dr. Harris called me personally that evening to check in and make sure I was okay. That really impressed me. Made me feel like more than just a dollar sign to him.

So now it the morning after, after I washed my hair, I managed to check the donor area in the mirror, you can't see anything, unless you pull the hair up. My hair is only about 3/4" long, so that's very nice that it's concealed so well. It's still a little sore, but not painful.

The recipient area obviously is still red/pink from the work, but feels fine.

One of the other things I liked about Dr. Harris was the fact that he worked with me to determine a hairline that would look natural and appropriate for a person my age. Which was really important to me.

I will post pics as soon as I get the chance. And keep the group updated.

In the meantime, I would highly recommend anyone in Colorado considering a HT to atleast consult with Dr. Harris. I know I noticed a world of difference between his group and the others I met. And truly believe I made the right choice.

Hope this helps a little.

Dan

Great write up mate!

Sounds like you are quite happy with the overall experience!

Have you started a blog yet my friend? It would be a great way to document your HT journey.

Grow well and stay away from the mirror! I am 1 week post op from Dr Rahal myself, mirrors are the enemy for now :-)

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

• 4 months later...