How my expensive hair restoration experience went completely wrong.

Yomommyz

Hi all,

To keep these short and sweet for now let me explain my situation and experience.

I went t o Colerain Hair Image Salon in Cincinnati Ohio. I was thinking of getting a hair transplant one day because I was so discouraged about my hair. I am 27 years old. I started losing my hair at age 23.

About 9 months ago I stopped taking propecia because Mark from colerain Image Salon the owner of this hair Proffesional image salon. Said that this program would bring back 2 years of hairloss and he almost gauranteed me that I was the most perfect candidate. His program costs $2,981.00 for ONE YEAR on his program. You get the following : 4 bottles of minoxidil, 4 bottles of dexpanthenol, 4 bottles of shampoo and conditioner, and 4 bottles of pills. and a hand held lazer at 6 months, and in salon lazer visits.

Now let me tell you how my scalp reacted to this and how it went.

For the first 6 months my scalp was totally irritated. He didnt tell me until about 6 months that I should then start applying the dexpanthenol in the mornings separate to when I applied the minoxidil. My hair shed so badly I cried for many nights because I gave this man 1800$ to start with. He ruined my hair so much, and then when I told him about it he would try avoiding me for as long as possible, he told me it was "ok" to itch when my scalp was irritated. ((((He also told me once I bought Nizoral and HEAD and Shoulders Shampoo that I "threw a bomb in the program" Because those shampoo's have the same ingredient as concrete acid and it is irritating the follicle." I confronted him about all of this and showed him this site and the thread before this I posted and he told me he wasn't gonna get on here and comment just so you guys can tear him up with your questions, comments, and concerns.

I've did the lazer therapy for 9 months in the salon, hand held at home, minoxidil once a night. My scalp is clean as it was when I was born. I believe my hair went into total shock from the stress I was under and the products it wasn't used to. My hair shed for 6 months!! I believe my hair went into a total TE.

I do not have the money or faith in this guy any more. He told me a bunch of sh** to try and calm me down, which I will not say just now. For now I wanna know:

1) Should I stay on this program and keep paying him?

2) should I start telling more people about this?

3) Did I make the biggest mistake of my life almost?

4) what do you think happened to my hair to make it shed for 6 months? It says all over the internet do not take if shedding last more than 2 weeks, or if experienced continued irritation!!

5) Is my hair ever gonna come back

Please only comment if you are experienced. I've read just about every thing on the internet so I would really like to hear some experts opinions. I will disclose my email to any doctors so we can talk about this further.

I do not know what to do.

Sincerely and God Bless

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

1) Should I stay on this program and keep paying him?

What would you answer to this question if it had been asked by one of your friends who went through this instead of you?

If I were you, I'd make an appointment with a doc to try propecia. Then maybe let your scalp rest a few weeks, and switch to minox without propylene glycol. It's what irritated your scalp. Either get a lotion with glycerin instead or foam. And last but not least, learn to relax because stress may play a big part in your hair not growing anymore.

What's in your pills?

4 bottles of pills?

So often these treatment courses combine all sorts of nonsense (like lasers) with a proven drug (like Minoxidil) which is responsible for any benefits. You would be much better off sticking with the Propecia. If it was working for you then you might be losing hair as a result of stopping it.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hi mate,

I feel for your current situation as many of us have been played by slick Sales clinics into opting for laser therapy and products that will never regain our hair as we wish. Consider yourself lucky only forking out 2K in the past other posters have handed over triple this for similar treatments (myself included) I know this is most likely not what you want to hear right now but this is definitely the case here. The mere fact that you were advised to cease the usage of Propecia clearly indicates the medical legitimacy of this "Salon".Laser therapy to assist hair loss is totally bogus IMO, many attempt to sell it as a regrowth cure however this is never the case mate.

In my opinion you should go straight back onto Propecia if able. Posting some pictures of your current situation would be a great indicator to where you are currently at.

The best option would be to stop payment with this place as you will only continue to be disappointed with lighter pockets. Please see your local GP as they can review your hair and prescribe as necessary.

You mentioned that the salon gave you "pills"? I would be intereted to see the ingredients.

I have a sneaking suspicion they may be saw palmetto or some other form of natural blocker? At least the program involved minoxidil, although it sounds as if you have developed a skin irritation from it. Some cheaper minoxidil's have higher alcohol content thus causing irritation. There are many on the market in which are smoother on the scalp in which you could look into for sure.

As I said, pictures would be great :-)

This way you know where you stand from a third part point of view. Don't beat yourself up over it mate sometimes the hair loss journey will take you in all sorts of directions just remember you are not alone.

Cheers,

Edited by MusoInOz

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Guest Ian512017155

Should I stay on this program and keep paying him? Why is that even a question, what are you RETARDED? You got ripped off, now get the heck out of the program, tell him to stick itand go see a good dermatologist or one of the hair transplant doctors on here.

Ian,

Calling him retarded is fairly uncalled for, are we not here to assist him with his concerns? some have minimal knowledge starting out and require support, Let's take it easy and not forget our place.

But yes, ripped off is an understatement.

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*