2 questions about revivogen shampo

1) I know that one of the ingredients of revivogen is saw palmmeto which could have sexual side effects if taken orally. My question is if saw palmmeto has the same side effects if used in topical way?

2) I know that products like minoxidil has bad influence on collagen which could make the skin in the face get wrinkles (thats why i stopped using it), is revivogen has the same side effect?

Just because something is labelled as "all natural" this doesn't mean it will not cause side effects - False marketing on the part of Revivogen. Black Mamba snake venom is natural, would you rub that on your scalp? The difference is that natural treatments are not regulated by the FDA.

I know the mode of action of topical Finasteride is the same as oral Finasteride, such that if absorbed at sufficient levels through the scalp and/or if someone is particularly sensitive to this drug, it could, in theory, have similar side effects. I don't know whether this is the case with Saw Palmetto, but again, and although often marketed as "natural and side-effect free", when taken orally it can certainly have similar side effects in men.

Any shampoo is likely to be on the scalp for such a short period of time that the amount of absorption of so-called "active ingredients" is likely negligible. I wouldn't worry about systematic side-effects in this case. If you want to use a proven shampoo that might have some beneficial effect in actually slowing down hairloss, then use a 1 or 2% Ketoconazole shampoo (i.e., Nizoral) several times a week. I have written about my experiences with Ketoconazole and Revivogen Scalp Therapy (so far) here:

My Experience and Unwanted Finasteride

Edited by Jamind

Just because something is labelled as "all natural" this doesn't mean it will not cause side effects - False marketing on the part of Revivogen. Black Mamba snake venom is natural, would you rub that on your scalp? The difference is that natural treatments are not regulated by the FDA.

I know the mode of action of topical Finasteride is the same as oral Finasteride, such that if absorbed at sufficient levels through the scalp and/or if someone is particularly sensitive to this drug, it could, in theory, have similar side effects. I don't know whether this is the case with Saw Palmetto, but again, and although often marketed as "natural and side-effect free", when taken orally it can certainly have similar side effects in men.

Any shampoo is likely to be on the scalp for such a short period of time that the amount of absorption of so-called "active ingredients" is likely negligible. I wouldn't worry about systematic side-effects in this case. If you want to use a proven shampoo that might have some beneficial effect in actually slowing down hairloss, then use a 1 or 2% Ketoconazole shampoo (i.e., Nizoral) several times a week. I have written about my experiences with Ketoconazole and Revivogen Scalp Therapy (so far) here:

My Experience and Unwanted Finasteride

Thnx for your comment.

So by what i undertsand you recommend on revivogen right? You use only the shampo or also the Revivogen Scalp Therapy?

I am not recommending either. I am currently using the scalp therapy, but it is only 3.5 months since I stopped using Finasteride. This is too early to tell whether the scalp therapy is working for me. I am, no doubt, currently benefiting from the combined effects of Revivogen scalp therapy and the fullness of hair/protection that Finasteride had afforded me. I believe that the scalp therapy has the potential to benefit someone who is a diffuse thinner for a given length of time.

Only time will tell - I'll report back in 3 months time on this.

The shampoo will be of little benefit in stopping your hairloss. If you like the way it leaves your hair, then continue using it, but there are other much cheaper consumer shampoos that give a similar effect.

Edited by Jamind

The shampoo will be of little benefit in stopping your hairloss. If you like the way it leaves your hair, then continue using it, but there are other much cheaper consumer shampoos that give a similar effect.

Can you give me the name of the cheaper shampoos? Right now im using generic nizoral with 2% Ketoconazole. Im using it twice a week but in the directions it says to stop using it after one month. Im not going to stop but im going to use it only once a week, so i need an anti dht shampoo without sls for the rest of the days.

Sorry, the shampoos I was recommending are not anti-DHT; as I mentioned before, such shampoos do not stay on the scalp LONG enough for them to have any significant affect on the levels of scalp DHT. I wouldn't waste your money. If you want to use something topical, such as topical Spironolactone or Revivogen Scalp Therapy (not shampoo), it needs to remain on the scalp for at least several hours for it to be of any significant benefit.

Besides Ketoconazole (shampoo), which I understand has a positive effect through its anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and, perhaps, anti-DHT properties, I do not know of any other proven shampoos that will have the similar benefits.

The big three are Finasteride (Propecia), Minoxidil and Ketoconazole.

Edited by Jamind

Sorry, the shampoos I was recommending are not anti-DHT; as I mentioned before, such shampoos do not stay on the scalp LONG enough for them to have any significant affect on the levels of scalp DHT. I wouldn't waste your money. If you want to use something topical, such as topical Spironolactone or Revivogen Scalp Therapy (not shampoo), it needs to remain on the scalp for at least several hours for it to be of any significant benefit.

Besides Ketoconazole (shampoo), which I understand has a positive effect through its anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and, perhaps, anti-DHT properties, I do not know of any other proven shampoos that will have the similar benefits.

The big three are Finasteride (Propecia), Minoxidil and Ketoconazole.

So what so special about those shampoos? And talking about Spironolactone, does it has any side effects?