Illusion of full head of hair

This has been bugging me for quite some time. The more I research the more I hear phrases like "Illusion of full head of hair" or "Illusion of density". Since we cannot see a person getting bald until he/she lost more than 50% of his natural hair, this brings my question: Why do we use these phrases? Since for the most part (if we are not Norwood Vi-VII) we get about 40-50 fu/cm2...isn't it like restoring your hair to the state of what used to be "pre-bald" phase of our lifes? So we get our hair back to where people could not tell we are getting bald.

Your thoughts?

We use these phrases so people will not get the wrong impression that they will be getting the density or full head of hair they once had.

For most, a good procedure from a top doc will be artistic enough to make it look a lot thicker/denser than it actually is, thus the "illusion". And 50% of original density for some guys looks really thin depending on hair color, thickness of hair, etc.,. A good doc can take hairs and plant them in a way that 50% doesn't look as thin and gives the "illusion" of additional density.

When getting a transplant I did not expect to receive 100+ fu/cm2, my density prior to hair loss, expecially with the amount of loss I had. I was expecting to receive about half of that in my recipient area to give the illusion of a full head of hair. But in my case, I would say it is not an illusion but an actual full head of hair. And this is due to a number of factors including my hairs characteristics (caliber of the grafts) and the artistry of the doc. If you look at my pics, there is still some thinness in certain lighting, but other lighting you would not know that I had any loss.

I see guys with no loss and ridiculous density. I know that I will never achieve that and seeing these guys will probably give me hair greed at some point. But I am happy with where I am at and the fact that it looks like I have a full head of hair even though it is less than half of the original density...

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Thanks Eman, I've been following your progress and it is OUTSTANDING for only 6 months, I do agree that your result (including all the factors you mentioned) I can say you have a full head of hair or at least it will most definitely look that way once you pass the 1 year mark.