Hi advice reassurance needed please... fut

Hi everyone,

I recently had a fut, infact only a couple days ago. Surgery seemed to go fine. I was given a saline solution spray to mist over the recipient area. I did this post op when I got home every 15 mins or so I'd mist my scalp. Eventually I ran out of the spray and I thought it was imperative to keep misting so I added tap water to the bottle instead. ( I read on one transplantologists as an advisable post-op instruction). However when I told my doc the next day he wasn't too impressed but he said hopefully the grafts will be fine but grafts survive in saline not water ! does any have any comments about this have I just been through a crazy procedure and destroyed all their hard work and my time and money...any comments would be much appreciated !

Howdy. No need to panic.

If you're no where near the clinic & can't get some from them, then ask them which solution you can order online and if the doctor agrees that it's fine to use.

They should have given you enough to last you, unless of course you sprayed too much too often & used it all up.

It's water, it's not like you've been using chlorine, so you'll be fine! :)

Congrats on the op. Who was the surgeon?

Thanks for your reply and putting my mind at rest. I went to see dr.devroye and his team, they seemed excellent. Yeah they gave me another large bottle and recommended not to drown myself in the saline anymore. I probably wouldn't have had used tap water but I found another doctor online who has post op instructions stating to switch to tap water if saline runs out. It's my second day post op anything else I should be aware of ?

No problem at all.

Glad that you chose an excellent surgeon. Devroye is highly respected. He, along with Bisanga & Feriduni are some of the very few great doctors in Europe.

Don't scratch the grafts.

Leave your head elevated when sleeping for the first 3-4 days.

The first 7-10 days post op are very important so follow his instructions.

Would be glad to see any of your pre and post op pics if you have some?