.25 or 1mg once every 5 days

formel26

Alright I've done some research. At first I started looking to cut down on my 800 dollar a year propecia bill but now I not only want to cut the costs, I also want to reduce any side effects that may occur in the future. Not sure as to say they've already taken place.

I've read online and seen graphs of different studies that .2 mg and 1 mg are somewhat close in reducing DHT. ?? What is the percentage of DHT in the body that causes hair loss for most males?? And also I've seen a graph that shows 1 mg -- 1.5 mg keeps the DHT suppressed by 60%-- 65% for up to 6-7 days before it gradually allows DHT to gain its values again.

So I was taking propecia from age 23 1 mg a day til almost age 26 where I've been losely taking it every 3 days or so. when I began taking it I read the side effects as decreasing libido. At the time I thought to myself thats okay cuz I got some to give. Now I'm not 23 I'm 26 and I still have sex drive but not as strong could be a number of things but just in case it is propecia I'm looking to find the smallest affective dose to prevent side effects and save money.

so the final question is .25 mg a day so that I'm not making my body adjust every 5 days or 1 mg every 5-6 days. I feel good about the 5-6 days except what it may do to my body for adjustment.

I heard you can get finesteride from walmart for $9, so if you want to cut down the bill...

But if you want to stick to the propecia brand, I would definitely advice to take a quarter or half a tablet a day instead of not taking it for almost the entire week. It won't do anything if you take it once every 5-6 days. It'll leave your body within 6-8 hours anyway based on my research.

I personally take 3-4 propecia tablets each week.

formel26,

I would not recommend once every 5 days. I use generic Proscar. Initially I took 1/4 daily. Now I quarter the pill and take it MWF. I feel that I've maintained the benefits on this schedule and the minor sides I was experiencing have almost vanished.

The last bottle I bought cost me $4 for 30 pills. My pharmacy price matched Walmart. I don't know if this was an error since everyone else says Walmart charges $9. Anyway, those 30 pills result in a 40 week supply after splitting.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Alright I've done some research. At first I started looking to cut down on my 800 dollar a year propecia bill but now I not only want to cut the costs, I also want to reduce any side effects that may occur in the future. Not sure as to say they've already taken place.

I've read online and seen graphs of different studies that .2 mg and 1 mg are somewhat close in reducing DHT. ?? What is the percentage of DHT in the body that causes hair loss for most males?? And also I've seen a graph that shows 1 mg -- 1.5 mg keeps the DHT suppressed by 60%-- 65% for up to 6-7 days before it gradually allows DHT to gain its values again.

So I was taking propecia from age 23 1 mg a day til almost age 26 where I've been losely taking it every 3 days or so. when I began taking it I read the side effects as decreasing libido. At the time I thought to myself thats okay cuz I got some to give. Now I'm not 23 I'm 26 and I still have sex drive but not as strong could be a number of things but just in case it is propecia I'm looking to find the smallest affective dose to prevent side effects and save money.

so the final question is .25 mg a day so that I'm not making my body adjust every 5 days or 1 mg every 5-6 days. I feel good about the 5-6 days except what it may do to my body for adjustment.

If you want to cot down then take 0.25-0.5 M-W-F. Theres only 8 % difference in dht level inhibiting from 0.5 - 1 mg. Ive seen good results from others on small dosages aswell. But you could also do 1 mg once a week. From what ive read finasterid is cummulative so it doenst matter if the dosage the same. The post drom dr Cooley states as you say that it inhibit dht levels for a week. It leaves the blood quick but stays in scalp for a much longer period. Some of his patients is on once a week medication. Perhaps you can ask him about the results he have experienced from this ?

Im on a 1.25 mg M-W-F schedule but looking to reduce it in 2012 to 0.5 mg eod when generic propecia is on the market.

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/