6 months on fin

auteur55

and it doesn't appear to be doing anything. It looked like I went through a shed at month 3 and it doesn't appear like that hair grew back. My hairline was receding very slowly but seemed to speed up in the front after taking Fin. That was the shed I was referring to. I got a little excited because I was sure that meant it was working and some hair would grow back in the front. My temples are bad but my back is ok just a lot thinner.

Losing faith in the Fin. Maybe it's holding onto some hair but I just find it pathetic that we spend so much money and time on something that may do nothing and is only a marginal approvement even when it does work. After years of research and scientific development I am sickened that the only thing we have to fight hair loss is an expensive pill that doesn't work most of the time and MAY only slow down hair loss and a liquid you can dump on your scalp twice a day with similar results.

Give it another 6 months. It's just now starting to kick into high gear. If it's going to work for you then the next 6 months should show improvement.

Also, aren't you getting the $9 Finasteride from Walmart?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Sabretooth

Propecia (finasteride) is a drug that inhibits the conversion of testosterone to DHT. DHT binds with the receptor sites of hair follicles that are genetically susceptible to its effects and causes the hair follicle to weaken over time.

You can read more here.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks for the encouraging words. I will stick with it. My Finasteride pills cost me about $52 bucks. My insurance is terrible and I pay for everything up to $2500. My expensive comment is more for those that pay $80 bucks a month buying propecia.

• 8 months later...

Just wanted to do an update: after reading information on finesteride on this site, went to my doc and got a prescription. I have to say after 8 months, I'm feeling like it is putting some growth on the top of the head.

Thanks for the advise. I also started putting romaine, but I hate that it is greasy, but if it is going to keep the hairs coming, then i keep doing it.

Anything else I should do?

• 2 weeks later...

it wasnt until i had been on propecia 16 months, that i truly seen the effects. Stick with it for a year but they reckon the best results can be up to 2 yrs after taking the meds regulary :)

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Just wanted to do an update: after reading information on finesteride on this site, went to my doc and got a prescription. I have to say after 8 months, I'm feeling like it is putting some growth on the top of the head.

Thanks for the advise. I also started putting romaine, but I hate that it is greasy, but if it is going to keep the hairs coming, then i keep doing it.

Anything else I should do?

Use Rogaine foam- its less greasy than the liquid & lotion