Small FUE session

Hi,

I'd like some advice on a a small-moderate fue session. I'm thinking about getting around 400-500 grafts on one side of my previously transplanted side of my frontal hairline to add some density. I'm curious about the chance of shock loss and what the healing characteristics and down time are for such a procedure? My understanding is that the down time and healing "window" is considerably less than the fut method. Any advice would be appreciated.:)

When you go through the FUE procedure you will need to shave some part of your donor section. That area could be shaven in narrow strips where your hair can be combed over it so you will be able to hide it, or you can shave the entire back like a military style look. There are no stitches so it is considered more comfortable than the FUT but you do need to take similar precautions, such as showering carefully, no exercise for one week. The area that is transplanted will look exactly the same as it would with the FUT procedure and you can expect that area to look thinner directly after surgery due to the surgeon cutting some existing hair in the area, and also some temporary shocking, which starts to come back around 3 months. Since this is your second time, this may be a bit easier to hide since now you have more hair to cover over this but probably still would need about 1 week to let the redness and scabs come off.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians