Have I Damaged My HT Grafts?? (Help Wanted)

Sorry to hear about your bump. I would take a closer look in the mirror to see if there is still bleeding and where it is coming from. Try spraying the area with saline spray to clear off any residual blood.

When a graft is lost or pops out that soon after surgery, there is indeed a steady steam of blood that oozes from the site where the lost graft popped out.

It may have closed enough by now or a scab formed to stop the bleeding. Hopefully you did not lose more than one graft.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I phoned my physician and he said I may have disloged or damaged the graft, I'm just hoping it was one of my original hairs as the bleeding has came from that area as I had a M shaped receading hair line. I'm really upset by it. Thank you for you're comment, anyone else who has had this problem also I would really appreciate you're feedback. Thanks.

I've had that happen after my procedures. In retrospect I was stressing for nothing. I called the clinic and sent in pictures and worried a lot. All was fine in the end.

If you lost a graft you would probably be able to see it on close inspection and maybe also be able to see a hole where it came from. Most likely you didn't lose a graft. But even if you did, it's not the end of the world. It won't affect your overall result.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Gillenator and Levarais thank you so much for youre comments. I think this site is so good for us to be able to support each other. Please look at my album I've just uploaded, I have photos of my accident. I feel abit calmer now, thank you both for you're time.

I looked at your pics. I agree with gillenator about keeping the area sprayed with saline. It looks like the bleeding stopped but its hard to see the scalp underneath. I still wouldn't worry. Most likely no missing graft but at the end of the day, one or two isn't a big deal.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Thank you so much, feel a lot better now. Yes it's hard to inspect with the blood in the way but I can't wash the grafted area until Sunday night. I will upload a picture one I'm able to clean the blood away so if you stay tuned and give me some more feed back I would be really grateful. Thank you so much.

Thank you so much, feel a lot better now. Yes it's hard to inspect with the blood in the way but I can't wash the grafted area until Sunday night. I will upload a picture one I'm able to clean the blood away so if you stay tuned and give me some more feed back I would be really grateful. Thank you so much.

Just though to touch bases with you and was wondering how things look presently. How do your grafts look?

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Hey gillenator. Thanks, and it's really cool for you to ask. I've just uploaded and album 8 days post op. Please go and check it out, would be great for some feed back. Redness has gone from grafted and doner area. However grafted area looks very dry and scabby. Hope this is how things should be?

If you saw trickle of blood I'd say you've lost a graft for sure I've done it twice now in my life with different ops it's easy done but it's only 1 or 2 hairs.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hey gillenator. Thanks, and it's really cool for you to ask. I've just uploaded and album 8 days post op. Please go and check it out, would be great for some feed back. Redness has gone from grafted and doner area. However grafted area looks very dry and scabby. Hope this is how things should be?

You're very welcome my friend. I took a peak at your 8 day post-op pics and your recipient area looks just fine, good healing has taken place.

Most of your crusts are still there however and you should be ready to remove them.

Once you clean up the area, it should look even better because if you use your fingertips to massage the recipient area, the crusts and the flakes should remove nicely.

I also see several darker spots where it may have been the sites where you lost a couple of grafts? Hard to say from just photos. Regardless, you should have good regrowth and a nice end result. This will take time, up to 12 months.

The best is yet to come...new regrowth and your new transformation. It will be exciting...:D

Best wishes to you Mr6435 and again, congrats on your recent procedure...;)

Gillenator

Hey gillenator. I've just uploaded yet another album!!! Lol. 13 days post op. All scabs and blood have gone, please go check it out and tell me what you think.

Hey buddy, I just took a peak at your day 13 post-op pics, both of them, and it's amazing how much cleaner things look from your 8 day pics. You have done a very good job in cleaning up your recipient area...;)

You are healing very nice as well. Hey, it looks like many of your grafts are growing? Have you noticed that? You can tell that's where the grafts are. Your frontal zone is going to look very different having hair there again because I see your loss is a pattern of recession, not diffusion. So having hair mass there again is going to give you a nice new frame and hairline.

Please let us all know how you progress with more pics especially when the area fills in. Then after 12 months you can post the before and after photos showing the matured result.

You know what happens then? The "more hair" bug will bite you like it bites most of us for even more coverage...:D

Thanks for the update buddy!

Gillenator

Thank you so much my friend. Yeh I'm happy the scabs have gone. I've had a grade 1 buzz cut now but only on my doner area and unoperated areas so that it all blends in with the graft area. Now that the scabs have gone do I still need to use the scalp spray? The graft area is mildly red. Do you really think my grafts are growing?? I'm just enjoying them being there at the moment as I'm expecting shock loss to kick my ass in 2 weeks (1 month post op). Or does shock loss not affect everyone???

You're very welcome buddy, and listen, if the spray you are using is for post-op healing such as saline spray, then no it's really not necessary anymore IMHO. But you always want to follow the post-op instructions that your doctor provided you.

Now, if you have some mild lingering redness, I would not recommend using any minoxidil in the area because of the high content of alcohol and alcohol related based additives. That could potentially cause more redness and even some inflammation which would be counter-productive IMHO.

A fair number of guys like to use minoxidil in the recipient area post-op to "jump start" their grafts into sooner or for quicker regrowth but I am of more an opinion to just allow your own body to do its own thing. And yes, I do think that a fair number of your grafts remained in the growth (anagen) phase and are continuing their growth. Yet they will eventually shed and begin a new growth cycle after resting for 3-4 months. But don't worry because they shed and regrow on an intermittent basis.

Shock loss normally occurs to existing weaker native hair which is not a concern for you. The hair behind your grafts looks strong and not diffused which is what I meant in my earlier comments so I doubt that this will be an issue for you. You will shed your grafts eventually but good things are coming your way. Meaning, new growth will occur after the dormancy period is fulfilled and that my good friend is definitely worth waiting for, don't ya think?...:D

You're gonna look awesome Mr6435!...;)

Gillenator