2100+ FUT w Ziering in Los Angeles

Picture is day 3 post op

-- this is HT #2, used to infill the coverage from HT#1 (1600 FUT by Ron Shapiro in 04).

-- my hair is very diffuse with loss all over the top. donor hair is not as thick as I would like but have decent density back there for a future #3 if needed

-- the hair is wet so you can see where the sites are. Since the previous HT was in the frontal area, I took this opportunity to infill the top of the head, just before the total bald spot. Also infilled some 1's in the hairline area.

-- goal is to have enough coverage to be able to style hair in the top and front but I am ok w having a bald spot (and leave it to the mercy of rogaine). Althogh I may go for crown coverage further down the road depending on my preference / circumstances at that point.

-- donor site feels very tight (I am regreting not doing the scalp exercises before) but getting better by the day. Stitch looks very neatly done.

Thanks. Happy to answer any questions.

IMG_3214.jpg.9a1e8d122ea548a076eb22da2716c544.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logistics primarily -- travel was an issue. I loved Shapiro's natural work last time. However, unlike last time, I didnt have the luxury of taking 2 weeks off and had to get back to work earlier. Plus I wanted someone local in case I had folow up visits and questions (I have seen Ziering twice post surgery). For better or worse, I am a high maintenace patient.

But all in all I went to Ziering because of a trusted reference plus my own experience during consultations with him. And I am totally happy with his work (see my other posts on this topic).

Another reason in Ziering's favor is the scar closure w stitches (as opposed to staples last time which I hated the feel of). And the fact that he didnt buzz my recipient area which has helped keep the transplant concealed on a short notice post op. The graft placement is phenomenal when i look with a simple magnifying glass.

I will reserve my final opinion when I see the complete results say 6 months down the line, so not jumping to any conclusions early here.

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html