Need Help in finding a surgeon in SF Bay area

SKJ

Hi,

I am currently residing in Walnut creek CA. I have been looking for hair transplant procedure for past few months. I went for a free consultation in Bosely San Francisco. They informed me i have 5A hair loss classification and i may need 1000-1600 grafts in my frontal area. My mid section of the hair is little thick and i think i can regrow my hair in back using Rogaine and other alternatives. The cost at Bosely over my budget. I am ready to spend around 6000$ for my treatment. If anyone has done a hair transplant and it has been effective please reply back to this post.

Thanks,

SKJ

Another option is Ziering in Los Angeles, short flight away (I went there, and was happy w the surgery, HT #2). But if you are like me, you would rather find someone local, helps w follow ups and any complications if they arise. There has got to be someone good in a major metro area like SF. Maybe check out other boards as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1 month later...

Hi,

After much research in this forum, i have decided to zero in upon two doctors. Dr Rosanille and Kabaker in Oakland. I had a visit with Dr Rosanille in his Walnut creek clinic. He gave me useful information. He gave me little discount if i do the procedure next week wednesday 7/20. My difficulty is, i have an appointment with Dr Kabaker on 7/19.

Shall i say ok to Dr Rosanille, or should i visit Dr Kabaker in Oakland see what he has to offer?

Timely response from members is really appreciated.

Regards,

SKJ

SKJ,

Both of the above physicians are excellent hair transplant surgeons and recommended by our community. Usually, multiple consultations are a good idea. Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I have decided to get my procedure done with Dr Rosanelli. Experience and cost wise this was best suited for me. My surgery date is 3rd week of August. I am getting around 1700 grafts on my frontal and area. I have fair amount of thickness in my mid section. Back probably i can cover up and it can be grown using Rogaine.

Price was reasonable.. which i could afford... send me a message separately i can tell you the amount.. i am not sure whether i can discuss pricing in a public forum.. i haven't seen any post with the price hence i am little skeptic..