Hairs in scabs that fall of is bad??

Hey guys,

I had my HT about 13days ago and I have my scabs falling off now. But, in some of the scabs that fall off, I see hair attached to the scabs. Are these hair grafts from my HT that did not adhere to my scalp properly?? I am so worried..any advice on this will be great.

Thanks in advance guys!!

moose45,

Have no fear. The hairs you are seeing are just the existing hair shafts shedding from the grafts. This is perfectly normal. Those follicles will go into a resting phase for three to four months and then begin to regrow.

It's all part of the process.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

TakingThePlunge,

Thank you for your quick response. Is it normal to see shedding as early as 13 days? And let's say this is considered as the grafts shedding already, how long before all my new grafts will all be completely shed (rough estimate)?

In most cases the shedding will occur in the first 4 weeks after the procedure. I suppose a delayed shedding is possible but not very likely. You are right on track. Try to not think about any hair growth for 3-4 months so youi do not go to crazy.