im 18..hair falling out - im female? uhmmm hello.

okay, so im 18 female

3 weeks ago i noticed a bit more than normal amount of hair on the bathroom floor, thought no big deal

however, last week, when i was brushing my hair, it was piling into my brush - ive always had thick hair so i really thought nothing of it

but this week, i began to feel my hair, and noticed it has lost 1/3 of its volume, and i began to lightly pull on the strands of my hair and they are literally just COMING out of my head, i barely pull, and i get 4 strands of hair, easily.

my hair has always been healthy, but in three weeks, im loosing my thick hair, and im begining to see my scalp at the top of my head - my hair is EVERYWHERE, just falling for no reason.

ive considered why - i havent changed foods, hair products, nothing - other than a month ago i noticed a tad bit of dandruff, so i pulled out a bottle of nizoral and used a tad amount about 4 times in 2 weeks, that was weeks ago. this morning, i checked the expiry date, and it expired last may...could that have something to do with it?

but wouldnt that just make the product inactive, not cause my hair to fall out....

going to the doctors tomorrow..need serious help. i wont be bald.

theres no baldness at all in my family, and this has happened in a period of 3 weeks.

i barely eat meat, but i never have..

ANY ADVICE? please

You're doing the right thing in going to the doctors. Don't panic (easier said than done I know). It could be any one of a number of things but needn't be serious, or permanent. You're doc will probably take a blood test and maybe even send you to a dermatologist for tests. I am sure they can find out what is causing it......: O )

you know what im thinking this is?

i just discovered a patch of ringworm on my lower leg, and my scalp is very itchy

perhaps i have ringworm on my scalp and its causing the itchyness and hair loss.

makes sense, eh?

i searched my head, but i have long hair, so its hard to see any red spots, but i didnt notice any.

ive always been susceptible to ring worm at a young age - im thinking this has something to do with a fungal thing.

gunna figure this out!

It could very well be the ringworm. Or it could be a vitamin deficiency, change in hormone levels, birth control pills, prescription medication, etc. There are so many potential causes of hair loss, so see if you can zero in on it!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D