Hat Head

My strip procedure was almost two months ago and things are progressing nicely.

I've had no major problems and no major issues. I've gone back to my normal hairstyle.

My grafts have fallen out and the follicles are now lying fallow, waiting to sprout in the next few months. :)

About the only real issue I have is "hat head"-- right below the scar there is an indentation that makes it looks like I have been wearing a baseball cap for a few hours. This line follows the incision track from ear to ear, but is actually slightly below it.

It is due I believe to the HT haircut in the donor area.

From my research and input from the clinic, it should resolve in about 6 months or so.

I was just wondering what kind of time line others have experienced with this issue.

Thanks,

Hal

5b32cdc37e67b_mebackofheadline1.jpg.fe7f94d197c9159eb20d3c060983d353.jpg

Edited by Hal

It's normal unfortunately. I was super paranoid that people were staring at the back of my head, and you really cant cut it (blend) well for the first couple of months since the incision area is much shorter or missing a line of hair. I did my best to gel and hairspray it to blend as much as possible or look upward more so the missing chunk of hair was less obvious. Goodluck!