Back to Front

Is there any reason why transplants are done front to back? I have thinning hair NW4 or so and would rather not transplant into currently thinning area. The crown is the weakest area at this point. I do not and will not take any meds.

I believe that aesthetically a strong crown and weak front looks better than a weak front/crown and a bald crown.

I was wondering if anyone has ever started with FUE to the crown to see if

- I will respond well to hair transplants at the most difficult spot.

- Can someone explain why the crown is the toughest area to have a successful transplant.

- Which doctor would patients recommend for FUE to the crown.

Thank you in advance,

A

Most people feel that a strong front/mid and weker crown looks much better than the opposite but that is just most people. I do agree that strong latterals and allys are crucial and in some ways just as or more important than the front/mid (Assuming the front is not totally bald). But, the bald center "Circle" in my view is the least critical. A hairline and front frame the face which is usually the most important factor and what will impact your appearance the most.

Some surgeons will work from back to front if the case permits it and it makes sense. Even if it does not and the rare patient such as yourself wants the back filled in and does not care much about the froint, some might be willing to break standard "Protocol" and accomidate.

The crown usually sucks up allot of grafts because its a deceptively large area and more grafts are needed on it to give a good illusion of density than the front because of how the scull is angled back there and therefore, how it reflects light.

In my case, I could have the whole crown filled in now but would rather wait and see what the latterals do to make sure I have enough donor to take care of those and if the stars allign, I would have the center crown circle done last.

Good luck

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Cant decide,

Thank you for the response. I guess the choice is a decent coverage on the front third with a sizeable thin or bald crown or a strong crown/middle and a thin/bald front.. I think it make a huge difference depending on how large the bald/thin crown area is (NW4/5 or NW6/7). A strong front with very little behind can look less natural than a strong back with a very little in front.

I guess the next question is who is strong at doing crown FUE work?

Thank you again,

A