When did you guys stop being paranoid about damaging the strip scar?

I'm on day 18 and my staples are out. When I lay on my back using a pillow, I feel pressure on the scar. Maybe it's just the numbness around it that is making me feel weird about it, but in my mind I'm thinking I'm putting too much pressure on it and that it will split open or stretch. I'm being crazy right?

When I wash it, I barely touch it. I see that there's some dried blood(maybe even some scabbing) and I don't know if I should even mess with it.

I dunno, I think I need to just chill out.

skyline,

You should check with your hair restoration doctor for his recommendation but, typically you are supposed to keep the donor area clean of dry blood while the sutures are still on. At 18 days, you can shampoo the donor scar carefully.

The most important thing is to avoid moving your head to extreme ranges of motion. Don't put your chin to your chest, etc. This can be difficult when sleeping. I sometimes woke up in positions that seemed to be putting stress on my scar. However, after both transplants, my scars healed just fine.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website