Considering HT with Dr Parhomvanich in early 2012

Hi all,

First of all, apologies if this topic has already been discussed.

Please redirect me to the relevant thread if this is the case.

I'm nearly 30 but I've already lost a lot of hair, thinning from front to crown.

Recently I have contacted Dr Pathomvanich who asked me to start taking propecia* ( if I do not have side effect from it) and also apply minoxidil lotion 5% to the thinning area twice a day and wait 6 months and then resend your pictures again.

I live in Australia and wanted to know where these products can be purchased?

Also I'll be happy to hear about the side effects you guys might have suffered from.

I hope to have HT done in early 2012 and will be posting pictures pre op (before and after medication) and post op.

Thanks everyone for this forum,

J.

Hi mate,

I'm from Sydney.

To answer your questions:

Minoxidil - You can buy Rogaine (or Regaine as it's known here) from most pharmacies e.g. Roy Young, Chemist Warehouse etc. I can't comment on the costs as I don't use it. There are also a few other generic alternatives available which are cheaper. You may also want to look online as it is cheaper. You may want to do a search here for Rogaine to see how it works and how to apply it.

Propecia - This is the brand name option and the one I am currently using. You will need to go to your GP to get a prescription (I usually get a 6 month prescription) and then head over to the pharmacy. Again, you can go to any pharmacy but I find Chemist Warehouse and OzePharmacy the cheapest (around $70AUD a month) compared to Roy Young and independents (around $99AUD a month). You can also save costs by getting a prescription for 5mg Finasteride and cutting them into smaller portions or buy generic 1mg Finasteride online. Again, you may want to do a search here to see your options and potential sides.

EDIT: I did not have any of the major sides so that was a good thing. I did notice a heavier shed but afterwards, my hair became thicker and 'healther' if that makes sense. Check out my blog. There is an entry I wrote regarding my experience with Propecia/Fin.

Cheers

Edited by synz4
Added sides from Fin

Welcome to the network.

You can google them and buy them in your country so it should be cheaper, or from the USA. I buy propecia from Boots Chemist. But you need a prescription.

I used mino for a bit but I'm past that. A friend has seen really good results but he uses 15% and 10%.

I've been on propecia for 3 years. I take it every 2-3 days as a precaution of side effects in the long term but I didn't experience problem with libido when I used it daily.

Gd luck with the op. I have one coming up later in the year

Edited by Dutch