finasteride isn't working

florida23

ok I've dropped both fin and dut this week and shedding has gone down to hardly anything, immediately.

surely with the half life of dut that can't be a result of dropping the medication can it, surely jsut a coincidence, does anyone have any views/input on this would be much appreciated.

thanks

miklaw,

you said you had been on fin and dut for 2 years, right? during that time, all you experienced was shedding and more thinning? how many hairs did you shed on average?

everytime I put my hand through my head I could pull out hairs and I've receeded a lot in that time and suffered miniturization, not just shedding...

I'm back on dut every other day.

• 2 years later...
So true that it deserves quoting.

Maintaining hair is the drug's main job - the task it is most successful at - and the only sign that it's working is what isn't happening; i.e. your hairloss is not progressing.

s

i am a hair loss sufferer since 18 years of age and now i am 24 , my front sides has lost , top diffused thin , hairline almost gone , crown thinning , currently on finasteride from 2 months , planning for a hair transplant , here is my picture , anything can be done for me ?

IMG_0213.JPG.503f1969dfd18602589c41b943cd2e49.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG.40f383f152d899e5c7fbb76d5b33697e.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG.388e4feeab89c4bdd0dffdca6e55857b.JPG

s

i am a hair loss sufferer since 18 years of age and now i am 24 , my front sides has lost , top diffused thin , hairline almost gone , crown thinning , currently on finasteride from 2 months , planning for a hair transplant , here is my picture , anything can be done for me ?

i agre with previous poster continue finasteride

Im 23 year old and i started taking medication because my grandpa is bald (moms side) and i noticed hairloss on the sides (Stage 3 at the moment my grandpa have stage 6) i have been using for soon 2 months.

I take

-1/3 of 5mg fin

-Minoxidil to fasten the hair restoration progress (will stop taking that later, its just to boost the process before finansteride take full effect),

I Apply on the sides where im bald and on the top where i still have hair (since you should continue even after your hair grow back i assume it just improve the result)

-Nizoral (ketocanazole 2%) because its good for your sclap and people say it works good.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The results so far is that

- I have been loosing more hair (but as i understand when the threatment start working on your hair follicles, you start to loose the damaged hair thin hair and new healthy hair start to growback "thicker")

- Minoxidil have some magic power to make your hair "swollen" so it looks and feel thicker (using kirkland minoxidil foam)

-Nizoral maked my sclap feel much more healthy

-Starting to see thin white hair popup on my bald spots on the sides, (not sure if thats because i did eat saw palmetto before, its a little early for minoxidil and fin to take effect)

i will do a hair transplant soon to cover up my currect bald spots anyway and lower the front), see images in my album

--------------------------------------------------------

Important to know is that The male hairloss is genetically gained form your Mother not father.

If your grandpa is bald you have 50% to get bald, if your grandmas dad is bald you add 25% and so on. it sound weird to me that you say its only your fathers side who is bald.

Its based on the X chromosome which is earned by your mother if your a boy.

Edited by Nickerian