This is strange?

I am at 11 weeks post op 1600 grafts via FUT. About 1 month ago i noticed some dry skin and dandruff on my scalp. I went to see my doctor and he told me it wasnt a big deal and to start using a dandruff shampoo. I have been using it and its cleared up the dandruff quite well, however the dead skin is still there, just not as bad. The strange thing is when i gently try to comb my hair, the comb gets stuck on my scalp, i looked in the mirror closely last night when i did this i found the comb is getting stuck on all of these little hairs that never shed, these little hairs appeared to be raised about my scalp with a little bump. I would say 50-100 grafts never shed the little hairs, I am not pulling these hairs out when the comb is getting stuck on them. This leads me to beleive they wont shed and the hair is still attached to the graft. They should start growing in the next couple of months. Any input?

Frdtrtnv8,

Transplanted hairs don't always shed. Some will remain and continue to grow. If this has been your experience, count yourself one of the lucky ones.

Glad to hear your dandruff has cleared up.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website