hit 6 month mark

I just hit the 6 month mark, I had 520 fue into the hairline. Is there more new hair to grow or just thickening of what has already grown? I have had decent growth but still thinner than i would like.

IMHO, you are right at the period post-op where most of the transplanted hair is coming through. You still have some to come, but it is right now say through the next two months that most patients will notice new growth. The rest is caliber maturation up until the 12-18 month mark post-op. That's been my observation for the average patient with average hair characterisitcs.

Remember, hair caliber is the single most critical factor considered in achieving the "illusion of coverage". It is more important than density!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

thanks for the reply. I do have decend growth some thicker hair alittle wire, but alot of really fine light colored hair growing, Im guessing they are new and will thicken up in next couple months?

thanks for the reply. I do have decend growth some thicker hair alittle wire, but alot of really fine light colored hair growing, Im guessing they are new and will thicken up in next couple months?

It is always possible that some of the new light colored finer hair growth is some of the exisitng natural hair that was there before surgery and may have been shocked out. It may be coming back with the transplanted hair.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY