What is considered normal hair fall?

Hi all,

I had a HT with Dr Path in Thailand around 2.75 months ago and all is going well so far. Starting from week 4 precisely I started to get heavy shedding. About 80% of the implanted grafts shed which I expected and at the 2 month mark stopped and starting growing new hairs :D, very happy.

I also had heavy shedding at the same time in the back of my head (native hair) of around 30-50 hairs per day which now has slowed down. However I still get around 10 hairs or so on some days and some days hardly any when washing my hair. Would this be considered normal hair fall?

Luckily the 30-50 hairs per day during the shedding at the back of head has no cosmetic effect at all. In fact I had my fianc?e inspect the back of my head quite closely and she couldn't spot any bald patches at all.

Also I have been taking Propecia 1mg for roughly 5 months now and applying Minoxidol 5% a couple months before that.

Thanks.

Vincent,

It is considered normal for the human head to shed around 100 hairs per day. Some sources even estimate much higher numbers.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website