three weeks and counting until

Guest Nicko3105

Guest Nicko3105

Right so Im off to see Dr Feller now in three weeks, which i cant wait for and i have absolutly no doubt in his skill or ability. but to be honest im absolutly shitting myself. I had a HT in ireland last year and it didnt work out at all, the surgeons ability were questionibly to say the least and my hair has receeded slightly and when i pull my hair back and look in the mirror i can see a slight gap between the native hair and the few transplanted hairs that grew....

Now im getting anxious and have loads of questions that i cant answer, like what happens if i go for this procedure and the native hair receeds even more????

what happens if the hairs arent placed that close togeather and my hair line gets worse???

What happens if i get the HT and my hair receeds so much that i have to shave my head except i cant do that as i have a big scar at the back of my head!!!!!!!! aaagggghhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Does this go through anyone elses head before they take the plunge and how do you justify it in your own heads..

I know this may sound strange but these are the questions i have and no answers .....

I have just attached a pic of my hairline and am planning on 2000 grafts, hope thats enough lol :)

DSC01462.jpg.5078e15bfb3aad225dd9ff0f780dcae8.jpg

Edited by Nicko3105
left out a word

Nicko3105,

I'm not sure I follow you. Your newly transplanted hairline will be permanent. However, genetic hair loss is progressive so you will more than likely continue to lose your native hair behind the hairline.

I see from your profile that you are taking finasteride. Do you feel that it is working to stabilize your hair loss?

Was your first procedure FUE?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Guest Nicko3105

Hi I feel finasteride is somewhat stableising my hair but of course its not proven to work on my hairline, but no my last procedure was fut, Yea i know my native hair will continue to redeed but thats what im worried about, if im left with some transplanted hair in the front that isnt densely packed enough and then thinned out hair behind. :(

You'll be in good hands. I feel your anxiety. I'm due an op later in the year.

The hairline will be dense packed with 2k.

You're likely to recede behind the new hairline later in life, so you may need further surgery to chase that dream. Everyone with your hair loss pattern is in the same boat. All the best pal