New to all this....seen the Hospital Group?

browney83

Hi All,

I am a 27 year old male and have been losing my hair over the last 5 years or so. It has always deeply bothered me and has got to the stage where I feel I need to start looking at alternatives to being bald like my father! I would say I am a NW3 and I have been using Nioxin for the last 5 years as it was recommended to me by a hairdresser at the time.

In the UK a celebrity by the name of Jason Gardiner has recently had a well documented HT by the Ziering Group aka The Hospital Group. Needless to say I was very excited by the results and booked a trip a few weeks back to the Hospital Group in Hammersmith ...they immediately promised me the world but as this was the first clinic ive stepped into...and im not as naive as the salesman thought I was I thought I would do some research...I have since read some pretty bad things and so I am here to ask for some experienced advice. Are they to be avoided?

I have seen that Dr Farjo seems to be the best around in the UK and that Hasson and Wong (one that I get a good feel for) and Dr Feller seem to be the best in the business? Is this correct? I have been saving the cash for a while for this purpose and have decided to go for a HT in the next few months. I just need some help choosing the surgeon!

Any help would be great.

Thanks

browney83,

Welcome to the community! I'm happy to heat that you are considering hair transplant surgeons based on reputation and results rather than proximity.

Dr. Farjo is currently the only physician in the UK recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

I also suggest viewing our complete list of prescreened quality hair restoration physicians world wide. You can even schedule a free online consultation.

You may also want to read the following discussion, Jason Gardiners Hair Transplant.

Here's a couple of articles from our Hair Loss Q&A Blog you may find helpful.

Preparing for a Hair Transplant: How to do the Research

How to Choose the Right Hair Transplant Doctor for You

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

You've definitely found the right site!

Since you've realise farjo is the UK's best & h&w & feller are three of the top in the world, then you've done enough research and I'm not worried about you. I have researched hard for two years & dr hasson looks like will be my choice as soon as they confirm dates.

Jason's op talk & video on YouTube was seen by some as a stunt.

Dr rahal & Ron Shapiro also have excellent reputations but as TTP told you above, visit the doctors' list.

Guest donald

Just had a ht with dr farjo 2 weeks ago and the whole experience was fantastic:),going to post my experience later today.

Hi Browney,

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have done a bit of research, but research is the key here. I am not going to comment on the other doctors you have mentioned because it would be unfair of me to do so as I work for Hasson And Wong, but do meet with the doctors in question and try to see some patients in the flesh before deciding.

Dr Wong will be in London on the 7th and 8th of May and it would be a great opportunity for you to meet him, Jotronic and myself I am sure it will help your decision making process, let me know if I can help arrange this for you.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Hey Browney

As others have said, you've definitely got your head in the right place and done your research, without instantly dismissing certain docs on grounds of travel. An HT is just so important to get right.

The 3 docs you mention all have good reputations and proven results. I've had 2 HTs with Dr Feller (approaching 7 months into the 2nd one and starting to see v good results). I'd certainly have no reputation recommending him in the slightest.

Seeing that you're in the UK, will be worth contacting Spex (dude who's posted above). I met up with him a few times and he helped me out LOTS as well as assessing my situation.

Good luck!!!

S