opinions on my hairloss (pictures inside)

im 25 the last few years my hair has receded. i want to get a lower hairline with hairtransplant. pictures are below (the last picture is me growing my hair and combing it as forward as i can but i want to be able to have hairstyles like i had before. :)

Picture0088.jpg.d045113f4c272f47125f0a19212ff67c.jpg

Picture0092.jpg.95da88ff3c47ee1934e177de1bc76a9f.jpg

Picture0095.jpg.daba5749b8c872e52d05161012d0b0aa.jpg

You are quite young and if you are not using any preventative medications such as rogaine or propecia, than that will most likely be the initial course of action for you. After you have taken these medications for about 6-12 months and you have seen a positive reaction to the meds, you can consider a small treatment to the hairline. You should not expect to get the same hairline you had when you were 15, that is just not sustainable in the long run, especially if you are prone to losing more hair in the future. In regards to your question, hair length doesn't matter in terms of the transplant but if you want to hide everything easier, than I would suggest keeping your hair at least 1 1/2 inches long.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

thanks for the answer. i havent taken anything for hairloss. my family history of hair loss is exactly like mine right now. my grandpa is 78 with norwood 4 and my dad is 58 with norwood 3 vertex. they have never taken medications for hairloss. i was wondering if i didnt want to take medications for hairloss could i still be a canidate for my type of hairloss? i dont want a 15 year old hairl line just a natural more foreward hairline instead of what i have now. ttyl thanks

You could have a procedure, but it would be highly adviced that you take either rogaine or propecia, so you have that safety net. If you didn't want to take it, I believe most doctors would want to be more conservative with their approach because you very well could lose more hair in the future, and they will not want to use up too much of your donor supply when they believe you will require more work in other areas. I believe in your case they would keep the hairline you have now, perhaps go just a smidge lower, like a centimeter and bring in the temples and corners, so you should consult with a recommended surgeon on this forum and get their 2 cents.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I agree with what everyone told you above...in addition, what I used to and still do (as I am losing my hairline) is to use some Toppik (hair concealer) in the area...believe me...it makes SUCH a difference and your confidence increases. Granted this is not a permanent solution, but it can buy you a lot of time and save you some heart ache like it has done for me. I literally would not leave my house when i started losing hair...but then I found toppik and it saved me...it saved my 20's (I'm 31 now) and I am very thankful for it. Look into it!