What to do with hair after FUT????

Hi all

Am in the process of booking in a 3000graft FUT with Dr Bisanga for September this year. I have general thinning over the scalp and am having it thickened up, as well as having my hairline strengthened.......My question is, if I am having FUT would I be better off shaving my whole head pre-op and just living with the scar for a couple of months until hair covered it, but at least looking relatively normal hair wise, or just shaving the top of my head, leaving some hair at the back to cover the scar? The scar would not be visible but I'd look....well...... a bit weird. What do most people do?

Any suggestions???

thanks

Hello pal. Congrats on your planned HT.

Personally, I would let the surgeon shave the top then you can trim the back & sides & this will sort of blend in with the top after a while. Just so your scar is not exposed too much. I wouldn't buzz the whole head. All the best!

Thanks Dutch........sounds like a plan. Will have a couple of weeks before returning to work so can 'fine tune' it a bit.....Am prepared to resemble Frankensteins monster to some degree but anything I can do to limit the freakshow factor will be good....

That's right, you want to minimise that look post op. Just trim the sides but not too short and perhaps consider using a concealer like Toppik to hide the scar especially the tips on the sides of your head just behind the temples.

That's what I will do.

I'm planning a transplant in the summer, but they still haven't bothered getting back to me yet! :mad: