Spotted White or Gray Hair after 3 Months Post Op. Anyone Else?

Has anyone experienced this, transplanted hair turns either white or gray on recipient area? I've spotted a couple on mine. My hair color is black. I hope this is normal.

Edited by Hairlicious

Hairlicious,

Transplanted hairs tend to come in lighter and finer than your existing hair in the beginning. Over time they will thicken and darken as they mature.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks TTP. I'm sprouting evenly all over. I understand the diff between lighter and thin miniature hair. but these guys are purely white and longer than the rest. Could this be due to moving white ones from donor site? Anyone else would like to charm in?

Sorry, I have loads of white hair so I expected them to be randomly dispersed throughout my noggin after hair transplant surgery.

I'm curious to know if anyone else with no graying has discovered white hairs after surgery.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...

I am exactly the same, in fact I did a search of forums with keyword 'white hairs' to find this thread as I was so curious. Im confused as had never spotted any grey/white hairs before. The main confusion is that I am only at wk 10 having had 2916 grafts on March 2nd, I can understand the odd short white hair in recipient area which may have sprouted quickly but I too have much longer white hairs coming through sides and further back and they are over 1inch long infact more like 2 inch (in 10wks!?)

I am on minoxidil, and taking usual vitamins and msm.