Getting travel insurance for overseas HT

Hi All,

I'm due to travel to Canada from the UK for an HT and I was wondering whether getting travel insurance is problematic.

As far as I recall, many/most/all policies state that they will not cover you at all if you are travelling for the purpose of getting medical treatment.

I know that an HT may not be medical treatment exactly, but I can't see any insurance company paying out if something went wrong as a result of complications from an HT. Even if you claim for something completely unrelated (e.g. missing bags), they would probably still frown if they knew why you'd travelled.

For any other UK folk, what insurance policies did you take out before travelling to the US or Canada for an HT?

ScottishGuy

Hi All,

I'm due to travel to Canada from the UK for an HT and I was wondering whether getting travel insurance is problematic.

As far as I recall, many/most/all policies state that they will not cover you at all if you are travelling for the purpose of getting medical treatment.

I know that an HT may not be medical treatment exactly, but I can't see any insurance company paying out if something went wrong as a result of complications from an HT. Even if you claim for something completely unrelated (e.g. missing bags), they would probably still frown if they knew why you'd travelled.

For any other UK folk, what insurance policies did you take out before travelling to the US or Canada for an HT?

ScottishGuy

Hi Scottish Guy

I purchased insurance that allowed for medical treatment from this co.

Insurance Link

I cannot vouch for the above as the only interacion I had was to pay the premium (make sure you read the small print). Policies will not cover any problems relating to the procedure itself, but if you were run over by a bus you should be covered.

Tubs

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08