Yes it's simple transplanted hairs don't ever die or shrink so if you have a area done and your hair loss expands outwards you're stuck with a strange island of hair on your head so you can end up chasing your loss as it develops and spending lots of money because you can't just shave all your hair off anymore because of the donor scarring.

If you're bmw engine blew up could you afford to by another and pay for 2 bmws on finance straight away? In my opinion i think not because if you could you would not of been paying finance for the first one that's why i saved up for years to have my op and if i ever need more work i will have the option of finance or hopefully have saved more money.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hi, I just joined the forum today and interested in cost too. I am from New York City and probably think the Doctors here will charge an arm and a leg compared to someone that is just as good in Minnesota.

For example, I am looking at Dr. Epstein and True and Dorin around here but do like Dr Shapiro who is in Minnesota.

Lounyc,

I'm a NYer too.

Actually, True & Dorin NYC charge almost the exact same as Shapiro Medical Group in Minnesota, if not less (depending on the size of your procedure). Just look at their respective websites and call to get a quote.

I too thought that NYC docs would be the most expensive. However, when I got my quote from SMG, I realized that the real value is here in NYC. My quote from SMG was more than that of T&D, and that's not including travel expenses. SMG is a great practice, no doubt, but as a New Yorker you'll also have to include other "soft" variables such as travel expenses, convenience, post-op care such as suture removal, going back for check-ups, etc...

I can't say for sure why it is, but my guess is that because of location, NYC clinics get more volume. If you think about it, rent in a midtown office like T&D has must be three times what a similar office in Minnesota, Seattle or Philly would cost.

Despite all this, go with whom who you feel most comfortable. Don't let a thousand dollars sway you. From what I gather, a lot of a person's decision rests on with whom they feel the most comfort and trust.

I mean, I looked at thousands of patient results on the HTN and various clinic websites. After a while, I narrowed it down to 5 or so clinics. The more I looked, the more they all looked the same because all of them had such amazing results!

To tell you the truth, I can't say that I feel like T&D, H&W, Rahal, Bernstein or SMG are "better" than each other. I think all of them are outstanding. Thus, it was the soft variables like cost, travel expenses, convenience, and access to doctor and patient consultants that did it for me. I would have felt comfortable with any of the above docs.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything. Good luck.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Yeah dude, a lot of people have been talking lately about Dr. Harris as one of the top FUE docs. I haven't gotten a chance to check him out yet, but I definitely will soon.

I did, however, glance at his website and it doesn't mention what he charges. You started this thread mentioning the importance of value for you, so when you do get the rates, let us know.

So long as you stick with coalition docs, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I'm jealous about Colorado. I've been cooped up in NYC too long!

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

As far as I'm concerned not all coalition docs are on par with one another. You might not get butchered but not all have the same level of consistency. There is a saying on this site that get thrown out a because results weren't satisfactory it goes like this" not all docs bat a 1000". That said, I believe you have some below average, average and above average docs those that demonstrate a high level of consistency. Just make sure you do your do diligence and it never hurts to negotiate price. Ask for canceling dates as you can get a reasonable graft quote.

Yeah dude, a lot of people have been talking lately about Dr. Harris as one of the top FUE docs. I haven't gotten a chance to check him out yet, but I definitely will soon.

I did, however, glance at his website and it doesn't mention what he charges. You started this thread mentioning the importance of value for you, so when you do get the rates, let us know.

So long as you stick with coalition docs, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I'm jealous about Colorado. I've been cooped up in NYC too long!

Corvettester

lol But I was in New York City recently and there is nothing like it in the world. Even though my old neighborhood is still crap; it still felt good to mix in with the natives.

Anyway, I did see on Dr. Harris website that he list the Chase Health Advance

Hair Loss, Hair Transplants, Hair Replacement, Hair Restoration - Hair Sciences Center, Denver Colorado, Dr. James Harris, MD, FACS

to apply for a loan. I rather do that than use my credit card payments. I have excellent credit but will be working on a home purchase in Colorado as well.

Also, the Mrs. says she loves me for who I am and should just shave it off but I told her its about me and how I feel. It has nothing to do with her continuing to love me after 20 years being together lol.

Since I am in the military, I just do not want it to be noticeable when I report. I am going to be stationed in Colorado.

I forgot to mention if I can use Chase for any of the other reputable doctors listed on this website.

I'd highly recommend staying away from the typical finance places (Chase Health Advance, Carecredit). I reviewed their ratings with the Better Business Bureau and their complaints seemed pretty typical to those low-level "cash-stores" you see in strip malls. The most common complaint is that if they make some sort of error (if automatic billing misses the deadline due to time-zone differences, or their operator hits a typo, or any other mistake on their end), you're the one who's penalized (huge late fees, 0% to 29.99% interest increase, heck - there's even a penalty for paying it off early!).

My advice (and what I'll be doing for my HT this May) is to finance via credit card. Go to a site like nerdwallet.com, and find the visa/mastercards that offer 0%APR on purchases for an intro period (21 to 15 months). The government has loads of consumer-protection regulations governing these guys that don't extend to the private financing institutions like chase and carecredit.

I had five different consultations, all in NYC. All the prices were generally similar. I also researched some clinics out of my area, and the prices were similar to, if not more than, New York as well.

Remember, you can' t hide the results (unless you wear a hair-piece). I would rather pay a little more knowing that I felt comfortable with the doctor during the consultation, he or she answered all my questions, and the job will be done right the first time.

I agree that all of the better doctors have similar quality/results, and you can't go wrong with any of them. You get what you pay for.