Future Treatment Q

Hi Guys,

Correct me if I am wrong.

I have been researching Histogen and similar future "cures" for the past week or so, I have previously left this stone unturned for no particular reason.

Just one observation however.

The Histogen injection is potentially set to regrow or "reboot" the follicle, for previous HT patients that wish to increase their density say for example a NW3-4 who has had significant work done there seems to be a slight alarm bell. My issue lies here (possibly been brought to attention in the past) when a HT is completed over a bald area the surgeon would not really have much indication of direction of previous follicles etc therefore transection would occur most if not all of the time as the surgeon is just randomly creating recipient sites. I am aware that if planting in between existing hair this would not be the case as follicle placement is more evident. My point is if these previous HT patient use Histogen or anything similar in the future the treatment would not kick start these areas as the follicles would haven been destroyed long ago?!

Like I stated, these future treatments are new to me.

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

MusoInOz,

I believe you are correct in assuming that many if not most of the existing hair follicles in the recipient areas would be damaged during hair transplant surgery. However, I don't see that as a problem for a hair loss treatment such as Histogen. If you take a patient such as myself for example, I have had 4,000+ grafts to the frontal third. I'm currently using finasteride and minoxidil to maintain my crown and I've got probably 4500 grafts in reserve to address future balding.

Now, if a solution like Histogen became available and could theoretically restore my crown, I wouldn't really need any more growth in my hairline as it's already been taken care of. Perhaps, there would be enough undamaged grafts in the frontal third that it may even add a little enhanced density.

Of course, if I knew I would never need my remaining grafts to fill in my crown, I could potentially have another transplant to lower my hairline even more and fill in some more density.

I think it's a win-win situation if it ever materializes.

I'm sure there are other patients for whom this scenario would not be a benefit but for many of us who are already post-transplant, I think it would be a positive.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Well, there's no way HT can recreate the same density as the one we originally had, so even if some follicles get damaged by new ones, that's going to be a sheer replacement and I don't see why those dormant in between the grafts wouldn't be reactivated by Histogen if their magick actually works.