Is HT an option for me?

I'm a 21 yr old male with NW II or IIA or III (Can't figure out, sorry.).

I have really thin light colored hair and I'm checking out Hair loss prevention and hair restoration options.

I have not had any treatments, surgical or non surgical.

Also, one more thing that i would like to mention is that most of the hair loss is near the hair line and i recently noticed that in the whereabouts of the hair line tiny protrusions (pimple like) exist along with very scanty hair that is shorter than the hair at other parts of my head.

So, please advise as to whether i should go for an HT or should i go for other alternatives.

Thanks in advance.

ic3man,

I know it can be very disturbing watching your juvenile hairline recede but, as a 21 year old NW III you would not be a candidate for hair transplantation. I recommend consulting a dermatologist and discussing Propecia (finasteride) and Rogaine (minoxidil).

Your best option at this point is medically stabilizing your hair loss in the hopes of retaining as much of your existing hair as possible over the coming years.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Getting yourself on Propecia (drug name Finasteride) would probably be your best bet. Those short hairs are miniaturizing - a process hairs go through as the follicle sort of shuts down. The pimples are something some guys see in connection with hairloss. I see the pimples return if I miss doses of Propecia - while consistently taking it the pimples are kept at bay.

There is a lot to learn before you do start taking this drug. More than I can really go into now. I'd advise you to read up on the subject before making a decision.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Now would be the time to jump on the hair loss prevention band wagon. While you still have a lot of hair. Try that for a while. Hair transplants are not going anywhere. If your hair loss stabalizes over the next few years you can always opt for a hairline restoration procedure.