Does revivogen work?

tom84

Hi,

I had recently started Minoxidil 5% and Propecia for my MPB.. but I had to stop Propecia soon after coz of its side effects.. Minoxidil on the other hand is showing good effects. I want to use a topical propecia alternative and thinking about using REVIVOGEN. Can somebody who has used this product suggest..

tom84,

There is really no proven substitute for Propecia. However, if you are unable to take finasteride, then your next best bet is a product like Revivogen.

I've never used it or any other natural DHT blocker so I can't vouch for its effectiveness. However, like all hair loss treatments, "Don't expect immediate results. It's recommended to use Revivogen for at least 6 to 12 months before determining its effectiveness. Documenting your progress with bi-monthly photos can help you determine whether or not Revivogen has been successful in helping you maintain existing hair."

Best of luck,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks David,

I am aware that it has no proven records but I will give it a shot. Its a little expensive but no side effects. I think its worth a shot. Will try to let others know about my experience.

Thanks,

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I had recently started Minoxidil 5% and Propecia for my MPB.. but I had to stop Propecia soon after coz of its side effects.. Minoxidil on the other hand is showing good effects. I want to use a topical propecia alternative and thinking about using REVIVOGEN. Can somebody who has used this product suggest..

I know Revivogen is a big gun in natural alternative. How about the less known brands, such as Maxogain or inhairit?

• 2 weeks later...

I used Revivogen many years ago...i am around a norwood 2.5/3 now but was probably like a norwood 2 when i used it with beginning recession in the temporal and hairline areas. I remember before I started using it to check the amount of hair i was shedding...especially in the shower when i would wash my hair i would always look down in my hands to see how many hairs were on my hand and i remember seeing a good amount. So once I started REV I would do the same exercise and honestly i did notice a lot less hairs shedding which means it was working. I stopped it because I just hated putting it in my hair...very annoying because it is this dropper and you have to drop the stuff throughout your hair follicles and this was difficult to do because it is hard to hit all of them plus it was reddish and would drip everywhere (they say it is 3 bottles for 3 months but I used more than that bc it was hard to cover ur head with just 1 dropper's worth). it would make my hair all greasy too but it was good to use at night (only 1 times a day vs. rogaine which is twice). All in all i think it was pretty good and am going to try to get back on it to see if i can stand doing it every night...i am trying anything in order to just not have to take propecia which is scary to me with all those sides and unknown future effects (I take saw palmento).

• 2 months later...