shock loss on 2nd ht

had a ht will need another one later on down the road for the top and crown.i'm in the shedding phase on the lst ht and wanted to know if you have shedding again in the lst ht area when you have the 2nd ht. also does the time between hts help the lst ht not to shed again. the longer you wait the stronger the hair is in the first ht.

When you have the 2nd transplant you will appear thinner at first because when the doctor makes his incisions he's basically giving you a hair cut so you will look thinner, but that hair will regrow back. If you still have native hair in the area you are transplanting then yes you can shock those out again. The amount of time doesn't make a difference in that sense, the reason doctors ask you to wait at least one year between procedures is because they want your scar and scalp to heal properly, but it won't make a difference with the shocking.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Can Grafts be shocked ?? if yes i assume they will grown back ?? I just had my 4th and to be honest my hair looks thinner and im alittle worried because where it look thinner its all grafts

i can only speak of my experience, after my second hair transplant i was distraught ihad thought i lost all my previously transplanted hair .however it turned out to be shockloss from second procedure as both procedures were to same area(frontal).but after afew months all the shocked hair from first transplant returned. so my worries were just that .everything turned out better than i expected.hang in there and good luck

Thanks Buddy the reason im saying this after my 4th one is because after my first 2 done i wore a hair peice and the 3rd one the doctor shaved all the grafts which i did not like and it took forever to grow back and i just got my 4th 2 weeks ago and the my hair looks thinner like someone cut too much on top