Should I just wait to have surgery

I have been waiting 5 years to have hair transplation surgery. In my case it's not a missing hair case I need a hair transplant on my eyebrow areas one brow has a scar where hair no longer grows. The other area is just a patch of missing hair. I'm African amercian also male and it seems as if technology has not improved much since from 2006 in the transplation of eyebrows. I would rather wait if I have to then have a bad unnatural looking surgery on my eyebrows that I would end up regretting especially if in the future if I find there are more advance techniques in the hair transplation of eyebrows.

Laidback,

In my opinion, surgical techniques and results from surgical transplantations become more refined and impressive each and every year, so while the number of eyebrow reconstruction cases posted since 2006 may have remained slow or even stagnant, the therapies are improving.

Having said that, there isn't a lot that has changed with regard to surgical restoration of the eyebrow, and I think you're fine to consult with a hair restoration physician now if you'd like to get the procedure done. I'm not sure if you're waiting for a new type of restorative procedure, but I think the current methods are efficient and evolved, and I think utilizing the search function will help you find some solid results and form a better opinion.

Feel free to ask any additional questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks for your reply i have used the search feature for 10 hours i researched last night and im still confused about where to go for eyebrow transplation there is only one us doctor who has enough examples to show he has a little knowledge in african americians and eyebrow hair transplation then i read bad things about him on this forum which i shouldnt have read because only about 6 have said bad things about his work. If he does 200 or so every couple years that seems pretty good to me but i still have some doubts about this surgery.

Edited by Laidbackal

Laidback,

Is the physician in question recommended by our community? If so, I can definitely answer any questions you may have (simply because I am very familiar with these surgeons and their work).

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.