10 Days Post Op - Now What?

I guess I have hit a milestone as the tenth day has just past. I think everything is looking well but who knows.

It looks like my transplanted area is all healed and it looks like 95% of the hair has not shed yet and is growing like business as usual. Since I had very little trauma is it possible my hair may not shed?

1) When does the transplanted hairs usually shed?

2) I have heard using Rogaine helps the transplants is that true?

3) How do you guys think my HT is looking? No matter what I look better than I did from my hack job 12 yrs ago.

You can see my progression on my:

Hair Loss Web Site

My Hair Loss Website

HT #1 Unknown Butcher (1998)

Total about 1500

-------------------------------------------------------------

HT #2 Dr. Alexander (2011)

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

congratulations on your HT! On my first HT my hair shedded around the 3rd week, but my 2nd HT shedded around the 5th week. So I would say around the period of about 1 month post operation.

from that picture Your HT looks good. show us more pictures if you don't mind and always stay positive at this stage of post op is one of the most difficult times. Easier said than done as I have experience this twice and its still mentally draining. wish you all the best!

I have lived with a horrible hair transplant for 12 years so I was prepared for the worst. If something was going to go wrong I think it would have already happened so I am very at ease.

Since I know shedding is normal I really do not mind at all it just a few months.

I have all my pics here My Hair Loss Website and now will update monthly.

Did your hair grow a month before it shed. My hairs are growing pretty rapidly. It would be cool if they just stayed in and I could shave my head and enjoy the hairline I haven't seen since I was 15!

HT #1 Unknown Butcher (1998)

Total about 1500

-------------------------------------------------------------

HT #2 Dr. Alexander (2011)

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar

so sorry about your horrible hair transplant 12 years ago. well my hair grew rapidly too and then it shedded. all of my transplanted hair is gone. I guess this is normal and expected. I'm currently at 9 weeks post op. thanks for sharing! Go to jotronic website at Hair Transplant Blogs - HairTransplantMentor.com go down the page and click on New video series, Dave" the repair patient. this is a very nice document on his hair tranplant and growth period.