Buzzed it all off

Well, today I got sick of the odd-looking hairstyle and I buzzed everything down to a number 1! So my strip scars are fully exposed now which has me kind of bummed. But the good news is the previous work Dr. Feller did, plus my native hair, are blending perfectly with the new HT grafts. It almost looks like I have full coverage! Sadly, those new grafts will start dropping pretty soon. Anyway, here are some pics: the first two will be from my 2007 session with Dr. F to repair the hairline and some crown work. The next two are from my recent procedure to the frontal third, vertex, and crown. (Both sets of pics are 2 weeks post-op.)

100_1294.jpg.ce8cf3ed5c05e8d80b908d2a60604d97.jpg

100_1307.jpg.99b5c1f180d3f75fb9bd9aa3446d632e.jpg

5b32cce8bab71_Photo253.jpg.cf18a8982710e1082704174f5c268540.jpg

5b32cce8e5af2_Photo245.jpg.961ead249233dd506c7620257f3a71b5.jpg

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Suits you Sir! :) Looking REALLY good! Your density is gonna be insane when you're all grown through.

Dr. Feller said another 1200 would cover my crown, so I'll probably have 1 more HT once this one has settled in 18 months or so. I'm home now, haven't slept at all in 36 hours so trying desperately to stay awake to realign my body clock lol.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Dan72/albums/496

July 2002 HT #1 - Bosley NY - 1800 Grafts

Feb 2011 HT #2 - Feller Medical - 2372 Grafts

July 2012 HT #3 - Feller Medical - 1702 Grafts (no pics as yet)

Thanks Dan! Glad to hear you're home. Things will get much better by next week for you. All of my pain and tightness is completely gone now, I just have a bit of numbness up top. Once those staples come out it feels great. Keep us updated and good growing!

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Gents,

jumping on-board as a fellow February Feller client, week 4 and hairthere must have been in the day...just finished buzzing my do as I couldn't sport what I was left with . Your coverage looks bang on and well distributed.

Dan72,

a few more hours to go and ya can call it a night.

Hey Amped, Yes, a number 3 buzz is the magic number for me too. Unfortunately it didn't blend with all the other work done so I had to go down to a number 1. Scary stuff, but I can rock a hat for as long as I need to. Well, the three of us will be in the same boat so I look forward to keeping tabs with you guys.

Yes, now the staples are out I have no discomfort at the donor site at all. As you say, just a little numb. Most of the problems sleeping before were due to the staples digging in, so I am really looking forward to tonights sleep without them! :)

I think I buzzed mine to a #1 or #2 aswell. It's freezing here in the UK right now so I'm noticing the lack of hair lol, but other than that it's all good.

Good growing both of you too :)

Well, it's 19 days post-op and it looks like I have shed most of the grafts.....sad to see them go.

5b32ccf620595_Photo239.jpg.39e6a95363d8b08f502085ee70f61e60.jpg

5b32ccf63243c_Photo254.jpg.5a224d735bece8c65636bee228ea8374.jpg

They will be back, and then some :)

I'm Day 16 and none shed as yet, but I'm sure they will in the next few days :(

I have to say, I'm more than a little concerned about the use of concealers now once the grafts have gone since reading the articles posted here. I use Toppik, but since my hair (without the grafts) is very thin, it will lay on the scalp. It won't be easy to wear a hat for 3-4 months lol.

Wow, that post from Jotronic has caused quite a stir! Amped, the post was about Dermatch, not Toppik. I haven't seen anything negative about Toppik, but that doesn't mean it absolutely can't harm your grafts.

I personally think as long as you wash your hair well at the end of the day, concealers should be okay to use. That was an isolated case, and who knows how often or how well the guy washed. he also could have been really caking it on.

I did use Dermatch post HT and didn't have any problems. Perhaps some other users could chime in...I think I'll start another thread to maybe get some feedback.

The thread was about Dermatch as Hairthere mentioned, but my concern is that since most of my Toppik lays on my scalp I would have the same problems.

You're probably right, and that it's quite an isolated case. Noone would be able to guarantee that there would be no problems as everyone is unique. Just a bit scary though I guess. Noone wants to sabotage their chances of best outcome.